AMI Lead issues

gibboson8

Reaction score
Hi all,

As much as I love my 11 month old A3, my biggest bug bear has been the MMI and more recently the AMI cable for my iPhone 6. I have the yellow grommet cable which was supplied to me when I picked the car up last October. I've had one or two issues with the MMI not updating or displaying the correct information, that I can get over no problem. More recently however, it will be disconnecting and reconnecting my phone, as well as my missus' iPod, particularly annoying when it does it over every bump or round every corner.

Now, first thing I thought was that the cable could be broken and therefore when stationary, tried to recreate the issue by moving all parts of the cable, as well as the phone whilst attached but it didn't disconnect like it does whilst driving. I put it in the box, start driving and then it will disconnect again.

My question really is, does anyone have a similar experience? Is it the cable which is broken, or is it due to compatibility with the iPhone 6? Has there been an update in the last 11 months for the MMI also?

Any help would be fantastic, cheers.

Why not just do it a better way! Use the other short lead that you got in the pack (USB one) then just connect your iPhone/iPod cable to that, stream the music via Bluetooth and charge your phone at the same time.

Apple

Reactions: pburv and Daveotto
I bought a 3 ft female to male lightning extension cable from fleabay, so my i6 can sit on my DIY brodit phone holder.
Wired sound is so much more dynamic than the bluetooth, however I do use bluetooth when I don't want my phone to be charged.

Why not just do it a better way! Use the other short lead that you got in the pack (USB one) then just connect your iPhone/iPod cable to that, stream the music via Bluetooth and charge your phone at the same time.

View attachment 102345

Thats exactly what I do, have never found any of the AMI cables to work perfectly across 3 A3's and 3 different phones..at least you know where you stand with Bluetooth and USB connection IMHO

Reactions: S32B and pburv