Can any body help please?

Daniel2017

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum I bought an audi a4 b7 3.0 tdi last week I have had it re-mapped and i think it is around 280 bhp and around 650 torque.

I was caining it and i got the coil light on on the first day i turned the car off and it went away and has not come back on.

However when i cain it now after a while it seems to go into limp mode and like the gears go funny I am not a mechaninc and don't really understand cars has any one ever had this problem or encountered any similar could it be clutch or turbo ideas welcomed. thanks

Hi, Welcome to ASN.
You really need to check the fault codes. Could be several things from a duff turbo actuator to a boost leak or a faulty sensor or a faulty turbo.
You could check the VCDS map and see if somebody is local to you who could check the fault codes.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/vcds-formerly-vag-com-forum.27/

If you have an android phone download the Carista app and get yourself a £5 blutooth dongle. You will then be able to read and clear faults using your phone.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-OBD2...d-Torque-Auto-Scan-Tool-OBD-II-/262534787633?

Until you find out what the issue is I would refrain from caining it. When it goes into limp mode it usually does so to protect the turbo/ engine. something isn't right and until you resolve the issue you are better off not stressing the engine. Probably why the car was sold in the first place.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Out of interest Daniel where did you buy the car, I've been looking for months now for one & been to see several but i still have nothing

Hi Thanks for all the replies.I bought the car from my dad which has been running great for 2 yrs so i know the history luckily, but he didn't have it mapped or drive it to its potential.
As for the remap I had that done by prestige auto clinic in leeds I have known him along time but doesn't necceserily mean the map is 100% but the others have been ok so far.
I think the turbo (or something to do with sounds very likely because it had no power at one point and i had to use the padels to get up a hill. I will be having the gearbox oil done thursday so ideally I need to find the problem before then so i can have all the work done together.
As for finding them a good one right colour milage spec exetra is like rocking horse s*** took me a year to get this one.
And that app will be great i will buy that now.

Is it his own map or Apr,revo ect ect
Im not sure what he has used but i know he bought it all from somewhere so it wont be his i will ask the question. can the app go wrong then some times?

Today I plugged into the machine and have the following fault codes it only goes limp after 140 mph. (we have large toll roads here).
P1577 right engine mount solenoid valve open circuit
p161d glowplug for cylinder 4 open circuit
p1063 fuel pressure regulation controlrange not reached
p0234 boost pressure regulation limit exedded over boost circuit for turbocharger
p3348 control circuit for turbocharger 1 (j724) eleectrical malfunction
p161f glow plug for cylinder 6 (q15) open circuit

the car runs sweet other than that but they are the diagnostics if anyone has any ideas but will put in the garage this week to have a proper look.

I would replace all the glow plugs, two faulty at the moment the rest will probably fail over the next few years.
The problem looks to be the turbo, limp mode usually occurs because of over / under boost. Yours is going over boost .
The control circuit for turbocharger is the actuator on the turbo. It's quite possible this is the cause of the overboost as the actuator may not be functioning 100%. The VNT Mechanism on the turbo can get coked up and this can also cause issues as the actuator tries to drive the VNT against the coke build up and this wears the gears in the actuator.
The fuel pressure regulation could have occured if the car has run out of fuel.
I would clear all the fault codes and run it till it goes into limp mode and have another look.

Thanks I thought that had a look on ebay but 40 quid a set seems cheap i will order them tomorrow from a garage i know in the uk.

so does that mean the turbo is definateley nackared or it could just be one of those things and fixing one of them could sort it?

i have blown a turbo before funnily enough in my first a4 1.8t in 2006 and it feels nothing at all like that did although tho that completely went. but this pulls like a train all the time until the high speed.

I will clear the faults when the mechanic has a look but don't want to erase anything incase its important.