lumpy idle

Nathen

Reaction score
hi all I have a 2.0l tdi bkd a3 with a lumpy idle somtimes it's OK other times its lumpy, it's just had a new camshaft shaft position sensor and a new duel mass fly wheel and clutch fitted, when I start the car it still has that banging noise on turn over that would occur with a faulty fly wheel but drives and runs smooth and nice had a new Cambelt and water pump fitted but it was lumpy before I had that done, any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

May be worth checking the injectors, as sometimes these can cause lumpy idle I reckon.

May be worth checking the injectors, as sometimes these can cause lumpy idle I reckon.
I'd of thought this would cause flat spots in the performance or struggle starting? I'll give it a thought though thanks for the advice.

Engine mounts?
I never gave the engine mounts a thought haha I'll give em a check actually, but it's only lumpy every now and again not all the time.

the only faults vag com through up was cam position sensor intermittent fault so was replaced, and egr valve insufficient flow, I took that off cleaned it replaced the gasket and o rings put it back on and the engine management light come back on with the same fault with egr valve.

the only faults vag com through up was cam position sensor intermittent fault so was replaced, and egr valve insufficient flow, I took that off cleaned it replaced the gasket and o rings put it back on and the engine management light come back on with the same fault with egr valve.

It is funny that, when I replaced my inlet manifold flap motor (anti-shudder valve), I decided to clean the EGR. After cleaning it, the EGR insufficient flow came up on mine aswell which was bizarre! It disappeared after a few weeks though!

It is funny that, when I replaced my inlet manifold flap motor (anti-shudder valve), I decided to clean the EGR. After cleaning it, the EGR insufficient flow came up on mine aswell which was bizarre! It disappeared after a few weeks though!
my engine management light was on for ages with this egr flow fault, amongst others, so i finally got round to cleaning it and replacing gaskets etc light was off for a little while but come back on so and aint got a clue haha.

my engine management light was on for ages with this egr flow fault, amongst others, so i finally got round to cleaning it and replacing gaskets etc light was off for a little while but come back on so and aint got a clue haha.

Just get the car warmed up (even if the coolant hits 90 degrees, the engine oil still won't be up to temperature, so drive for about 20 miles) and then give it a good thrashing (3k-4k full throttle). The air flowing through there should push out any heavy deposits that may be causing the fault code to appear.

Just get the car warmed up (even if the coolant hits 90 degrees, the engine oil still won't be up to temperature, so drive for about 20 miles) and then give it a good thrashing (3k-4k full throttle). The air flowing through there should push out any heavy deposits that may be causing the fault code to appear.
I've tried this the other week I drove about 100 miles from where I live in Nuneaton to Skegness Lincolnshire so will pay to have the code wiped off and see if the light comes back on, even if the light does stay off my car still has a lumpy idle haha.