Facelift Is this Ara Blue

No I think its too dark and possibly not even available back in 2014 - first I have seen in on the new R8.

No I think its too dark and possibly not even available back in 2014 - first I have seen in on the new R8.

It was available since 2014. Ara Blue crystal was used to debut the pre-facelift A3 cabriolet. See link below. That's why I asked whether the original video is Ara or not. I agree it seems a bit darker, but Audi did call it Ara Blue Crystal...

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/photos/detail/audi-a3-cabriolet-1-8-tfsi-quattro-5973

A3C130001_full.jpg

Seems you had your answer all along. Its the same car in your video "IN CA 3101":sign omg:

Well I "did" but it seems misleading. As you can see from all the responses, it seems that no one thinks that the A3 cabriolet is Ara....like too dark to be Ara....and posted the A3 sedan in Ara as a comparison.....

I am curious how light/dark Ara really is in real life.

Well I "did" but it seems misleading. As you can see from all the responses, it seems that no one thinks that the A3 cabriolet is Ara....like too dark to be Ara....and posted the A3 sedan in Ara as a comparison.....

I am curious how light/dark Ara really is in real life.

Curious to how light/dark Ara Blue is....?well like all colour's it depends on the lighting and camera is filmed with or photographed with....that Cabriolet is Ara Blue.....Audi dont do another Blue Colour that's similar to Ara

This photo....has the same tone as your Cab...Ara....why are you so hung up on Ara Blue mate....Ara blue was first introduced on the New R8,example of how the same colour can look dissimilar
2015 Audi R8 Coup 52 FSI quattro 19409896583
A 2017 audi s3 sedan 454 FOURTITUDE

Reactions: pburv
Curious to how light/dark Ara Blue is....?well like all colour's it depends on the lighting and camera is filmed with or photographed with....that Cabriolet is Ara Blue.....Audi dont do another Blue Colour that's similar to Ara

This photo....has the same tone as your Cab...Ara....why are you so hung up on Ara Blue mate....Ara blue was first introduced on the New R8,example of how the same colour can look dissimilar

The Ara blue tone of the A3 cab video and R8 pic is very good. However, the Ara blue tone of the FL A3 sedan looks too light. I guess I can't really gauge it well without seeing it in person.

The Ara blue tone of the A3 cab video and R8 pic is very good. However, the Ara blue tone of the FL A3 sedan looks too light. I guess I can't really gauge it well without seeing it in person.

Exactly but on a S3 its a winner...

What a coincidence...when I went out today, I saw an Ara blue R8!

The color looks great. It is in fact a lot darker than the FL A3 video. The tone I saw in real life is much closer to the A3 cabriolet Ara blue debut video and the R8 picture that jassyo06 posted.

Reactions: Jassyo06
What a coincidence...when I went out today, I saw an Ara blue R8!

The color looks great. It is in fact a lot darker than the FL A3 video. The tone I saw in real life is much closer to the A3 cabriolet Ara blue debut video and the R8 picture that jassyo06 posted.

That's you sorted eh.????? lol