Angel Eyes.

turbodan

Reaction score
Website
www.daniel-wilkinson.com
Ok i know there not to most peoples tastes! but the lights on my rev 1 A3 look crap & im looking to update em with direct replacements, i cant be ***** getting the rev 2 lights to fit so am tempted to get the angel eyes.

Most of em on ebay look really crap, and cant find any other online stores that sell em, so just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction?

The JDM ones on ebay dont look too bad, but there in black & just want normal ones!!!

heres a pic of em in black

2b_1.JPG

Try DPM auto styling they do the propper hella angel eyes a direct fit i think?

£220

Dont bother with the ebay crap

Jason

Just gunna give my silver A3 a cheapish makeover thats all.

Just done a few simple updates on my 1999 A3 TDI sport to make it look a little better. not gunna stick s3 logos all over it & pretend its summat that it isnt cos its a diesel! & looks nothing like an s3 :p

So far: Got 18" RS4 replica wheels, Updated rear lights to Rev 2, Civic Type R Arial, Clear side repeaters, Sony red display MP3 CD.

Next step is to get a bodyshop to spray bottom of rear bumper, bottom of front bumper & side skirts, & fit those angel eyes & maybe a new sports grille & badge cos mines a bit tatty!

Before simple mods.

audibefore.jpg

After simple Mods. (the front look of the car would totally change with the DPM Angel eyes & a bit of bumper colour code-ing the lower of the bumper)

audiafterside.jpg

audiafterfront.jpg

Yeah definatley, that would be the next thing on the list!

Im doing the cheapest mods first (i think!)

Just out of interest how much would i be looking to pay for 30mm lowering? i believe its already slightly lower that the normal TDi's because its a sport model, but i dont know by how much.

Ahh cheaper than i thought!

Well ive just this second had my loan approved! so my first purchase is the angel eyes from your site.

Just to make sure, mines a 1999 A3 (Revision 1 headlights - as in pic) will these lights be a straight replacement for my old ones?

The 1996 - 2000 lights were changed from 2000 - 2003.

If so then you have a sale :)

you getting loan for mods

no one will give me a loan :(

whos your loan with

Virgin.

Its not for mods, its to consolidate a couple of credit cards :( !

They say i dont have to make payments until Feb 2006 so i can use that cash im not making in payments for mods.

Its with Virgin

6.9% APR

They'll replace your headlights and indicators so they'll be like the facelift headlights. You'll need to remove a small bit of metal from inside the arche but that's no biggie... fitting should take about an hour altogether!

Your car is looking good and is going to look really fresh with the colour coding and lowering springs... but why not just go for the facelift headlights?
Dont think they are that much harder to fit than the angel eyes....

I thought the angel eyes were just a straight replacement for my old onesat first so easier to fit, however there is still some mucking about to be able to fit them, so might well go for the standard facelift ones afterall.

Wouldnt mind seeing the angel eyes installed on a car, seeing how they look etc, i know there a BMW thing but i still kinda like em!

Will the rev 2 lights be as easy to fit as these angel eye ones? Im really crap at fitting stuff! my rear MR2 & A3 Lights were about as good as i get at fitting stuff!!!!

facelift lights require a bit of modding to the wing or some sort and some rewiring, see the sticky at the top of the forum..

I have seen the proper angel eyes in black or silver for direct fit no cutting,for right hand drive from body-kit.co.uk for only £177.52 inc vat.These look exactly the same as the ones for 200+,go figure.I know which ones i'll be buying.

I'm not disputing that, all i'm saying is that you said the lights were the same and tried to make out i was charging £50 more for something you could get elsewhere when really the lights i'm selling are of a higher quality and from a worldwide name. If the buyer would prefer to save some money then by all means get the cheaper ones, £50 is alot of money but i'm just here to show other options and try and help. End of mate.

From my experience you buy cheap you buy twice,
Id much rather put the extra money to it and have the hella units, as any ultra product ive ever seen leak after about a year?

Thank you, just trying to bring people the best quality available! We may not be the cheapest out there but we can promise you won't have any problems with any of the products we sell!

I would rather fit the facelift units as they are similar looking to angel eyes, but look a lot better then nasty angel eye replicas. Also the quality will be spot on!

You can get facelift lights on ebay for £120 delivered (see sticky thread in A3 section). If you want facelifty, these are the ones to go for. However, if you want angel eyes, then the Hella units will be about as good quality as you will find.

Rich