Decat straight though exhaust!

john71482

Reaction score
So I've had my S3 for over a year now and need to toy around with it now I feel!
I've been thinking about getting a decat downpipe and a custom straight pipe exhaust (silencer and backbox delete) :blink:
Is it going to sound sh*t that's the question? Can't find anything similar on YouTube!
Let me know what you think guys! :grimacing:

So no silencers just piping? If so then yes that would sound **** lol

That's going to sound hideous. Get an intake, downpipe with SportCat and a resonated valved system.

Reactions: S3Alex, 73pop and Rob2k68
So I've had my S3 for over a year now and need to toy around with it now I feel!
I've been thinking about getting a decat downpipe and a custom straight pipe exhaust (silencer and backbox delete) :blink:
Is it going to sound sh*t that's the question? Can't find anything similar on YouTube!
Let me know what you think guys! :grimacing:

Tried something a bit like this a year or so ago on my car.
It was already decatted and we removed the backbox.

It did remove a bit of restriction,but the end result was unusable,unbelievably loud,and droning at usual driving speeds.

If you want something manageable,with the benefits and none of the downsides,speak to @BCS Nige and see if he can offer you something similar to this....

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/the-bcs-powervalve-wrc-system-is-here.290561/

Or this....

Reactions: pburv, THQuattro, SJ43 and 1 other person
Sorry mate but a stupid thing to do. You need some back pressure but it will be uncomfortable to travel in never mind embarrassing.
It wont be long before you get a prohibition notice.

Glad you don't live next to me. Perhaps you ought to get a Saxo?

Reactions: pburv and S3Alex
Like @S3Alex said, go to @BCS Nige and get yourself an exhaust with a nice tone.
A straight pipe is never going to get you a nice sounding exhaust..especially a 4 pot :/

Reactions: pburv, BCS Nige and S3Alex
Cheers for the advice guys! The stupid idea is defo a no no then!!

Reactions: batch and pburv
I had a res box delete which sounded really nice, then put a decat scorpion downpipe on which was the worst thing I had ever done to my car then got the res box put back in but still didn't like it so removed the downpipe and bought a scorpion cat back

Cheers for the advice guys! The stupid idea is defo a no no then!!

Like your style......:laughing:

There's some great sounding exhausts out there that sound nice but wont upset the neighbours (too much anyway),

Reactions: pburv
Makes me remember assembling a catback on an earlier car and cutting off the front end connecting pipe a little bit too short.

Ofcourse it fell down mid road and had to drive 10 km with just downpipe + front of catback scraping on the road...

Sounded like a war was going on outside...

:tired::tonguewink:

Mine still had a cat...

Reactions: S3Alex