Bubbles in the paint

drunknspikes3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Noticed some bubbles in the paint on my (56) 2007 s3 bubbles look like they are coming from inside out on the bottom of the drivers door passenger door rear arches
My car is under 12 years old what are my chances of getting audi to sort them out ? Anyone had any experiance in this problem thanx

Pretty sure corrosion cover is only 3 years mate, I've got them too, circular bubbling on the drivers door... Looks like a spot weld marks on the bottom

I am sure it is 12 years as my old MK5 R32 which was a 2006 and at the time was about 5 years old when I made the claim. They won't entertain it at first but I said look your manual states 12 years. That's not me saying it that's VAG so can you sort this out please and make sure you get the colour matched otherwise Ill be sending it back. Did a great job on it. Just be firm with them

cool thanx for the replies will go to audi or ring thmem next week see what they say ill getb some pictures on here to see if its the same thing later

heres the bubbles the best pictures i can get

Attachments

• IMAG2641.jpg
    IMAG2641.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 268
  • IMAG2642.jpg
    IMAG2642.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 247
  • IMAG2643.jpg
    IMAG2643.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 255
  • IMAG2644.jpg
    IMAG2644.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 279
  • IMAG2645.jpg
    IMAG2645.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 286
Something underneath the has happened. I think you have a case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: drunknspikes3
I have same issues and have been to Audi to get a paint Inspection carried out.
The small zinc blisters as he called them was due to stone chip and then water gets in behind the paint. Not covered at all.
I have blisters on the os wing and also the same under the rear boot handle but he said he would replace the wing and also the tailgate but that Audi would only cover 70% and I would have to pay 30%.
Still waiting to hear back but will be a fortune I'm guessing.
Will update when I hear back.

Mines exactly the same man, I was wrong before, it's paint defects that's 3 years! I wanted to do it as I had lacquer peel all over it!

With the wings I think water gets stuck between the wing and the plastic underneath causing water to get stuck and then rust will appear. I wouldn't pay for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

before i cam on here sent Audi an email ill let you know what they say too :)

It is the galvanization failing from the inside out.

And so it begins have to go Bolton to get it looked at lets see what they say

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 173