Induction kit

Pex

Reaction score
right guys,I've recently put up a post regarding panel filters and going to bite the bullet and fit an induction kit hoping to improve throttle response as have had a stage 1 remap and cat back exhaust fitted but finding throttle over running? So would this improve things? My car is a 2006 a3 2.0tfsi sline sportback...your thoughts please;) thanks

What do you mean by 'Throttle over running'?

What do you mean by 'Throttle over running'?
Well throttle isn't crisp and responsive...when say changing from 1st to 2nd there's not much dip,does that make sense?

You mean that the engine is slow to drop revs? My S3 is the same, in fact occasionally when crawling in traffic it likes to hang on 1800-2000 RPM for a second or 2 when I depress the clutch then slowly drop off. I've just replaced the PCV so it's not that and I'm also looking into it to see if it's an issue but I'm finding a lot are saying that it's a characteristic of the engine. Anyway I'm waffling now :blahblah1:

The only thing I can put it down to is the particularly heavy Dual Mass Flywheel. It will carry a lot of inertia and as such slow the deceleration of the engine. I'm hoping that fitting the Single mass Flywheel with the new clutch kit I've ordered from the States will go a long way to help the issue.

As for the throttle response I've never found fly by wire throttles to be as responsive as a traditional cable. I know that there are linear throttle maps that can be applied which may help but I haven't got to that stage yet. Adding a CAI kit and upgrading the DV has made some difference on my S3 but not what I'd call Night and Day. That said it might make a bigger difference on the more strangled A3.

Reactions: Pex
You mean that the engine is slow to drop revs? My S3 is the same, in fact occasionally when crawling in traffic it likes to hang on 1800-2000 RPM for a second or 2 when I depress the clutch then slowly drop off. I've just replaced the PCV so it's not that and I'm also looking into it to see if it's an issue but I'm finding a lot are saying that it's a characteristic of the engine. Anyway I'm waffling now :blahblah1:

The only thing I can put it down to is the particularly heavy Dual Mass Flywheel. It will carry a lot of inertia and as such slow the deceleration of the engine. I'm hoping that fitting the Single mass Flywheel with the new clutch kit I've ordered from the States will go a long way to help the issue.

As for the throttle response I've never found fly by wire throttles to be as responsive as a traditional cable. I know that there are linear throttle maps that can be applied which may help but I haven't got to that stage yet. Adding a CAI kit and upgrading the DV has made some difference on my S3 but not what I'd call Night and Day. That said it might make a bigger difference on the more strangled A3.
That's great,makes a lot of sense now,that is exactly how it behaves!
Will be interested to hear how you get on with your new single mass flywheel;) and yes my a3 does seem somewhat 'strangled'! The amount of restriction in standard box is ridiculous even on entry at grill it's half blocked! Thanks for your input buddy

No problem. I too am very interested to see if the SMF helps as it's quite annoying. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to wait until I get back from my next trip away until I can get the car booked in to fit it. Will also be upgrading the engine, gearbox and dog bone mount to get rid of the engine slop as I've heard that helps with response too. Stock mounts, especially old ones are made of jelly. Problem is though once you chase one issue it leads you down a wallet emptying path.

Reactions: S3Alex
No problem. I too am very interested to see if the SMF helps as it's quite annoying. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to wait until I get back from my next trip away until I can get the car booked in to fit it. Will also be upgrading the engine, gearbox and dog bone mount to get rid of the engine slop as I've heard that helps with response too. Stock mounts, especially old ones are made of jelly. Problem is though once you chase one issue it leads you down a wallet emptying path.
Oh you are so right there...had mine for 3 weeks and so far performance exhaust,upgraded the suspension now induction kit looming...yep wallet emptying indeed...but addictive ;)
Best of luck with yours bud!

Yes......for sure....