Rear Axle Front Trailing Arm Bushes - Replacement

Stuart B

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a browse through the various threads, and bought two new "Rear Axle Front Trailing Arm Bushes" _ hope I have got the right ones as the descriptions are somewhat confusing eg front trailing arm rear bushes are I assume for the front of the car.

well in any case since I have had the car if I jack up on the trailing arm the driver side moves a couple of cms before affecting the car - so I am hoping it is the bush and not some other structural damage.

my real question is how will I stop the brakes pipe from snapping, it is all connected quite tight can I somehow unclip it all and drop the trailing arm from the 4 bolts enough the get the single big bolt out?

Thanks

The brake pipes unclip from the fuel tank, also the flexi brake hose that's on the rear arms unclips via a C clip or you can undo the whole bracket from the arm. Just be careful :)

Thanks - why is your minor modding thread not a sticky - it covers 95% of what virtually everyone will do, want to do or try to do and has all the shortcuts and cautions people only realise after they broke something with their elbow.

or can we have a new folder section for "project builds"? still under A3 / S3 8L - there are 5 or 6 decent ones some generic and some intense maybe users can submit their thread to the moderators to see if it worth putting in the special section?

Also the forum should be updated to allow the first post to be maybe edited by the owner to put in hotlinks to "chapters" for some of these massive threads.

Do you think the movement likely to be the bush or potentially something more sinister? I suppose I really should be jacking the car up from the trailing arm really.

Hi Tuffty,

Why did you drill into the rubber bush and hack it to pieces but then still press it out?

Thanks