What are these marks on the RNSE MK1?

Nozrul Islam

Reaction score
Hi, I've had these marks on my RNSE MK1 screen since I bought the car, tried polishing it but without any joy.
Any idea what it could be or how I could get rid of it? Only really visible when it's off.
20160918 161557

looks like someone had a sticky backed product on it , and left some residual glue behind on the face when it was removed, can you feel anything on the screen if you run your finger nail over it.

When it's on its fine. Everything works so it's not internal I think

Yes mate I can.
Sorry what I meant to say it's less visible when it's on... Here's a photo
20160918 173744

Not sure, there's no dead pixels or anything. Could it be like a screen protector on it, if so I'll replace that.

from that angle it looks to be on the inside as you can see pixels illuminated over some sections .

Will try vinegar thanks Joinerman.

Yes Carl constantly there whether on or off.

I was going to say it looks like the anti-glare coating but it doesn't. The only thing I think it could be is maybe the plastic outer screen has partly come away or de-laminated itself from the inside screen somehow.

Maybe @NHN has seen this before?

Looks like someone has had something on that has taken off the anti-glare coating. I think the only thing would be to take it off all over and then put a screen protector on instead...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah if it's just a matter of replacing the screen protector then that I can have a go at, If I can source one and find instructions how to replace it... Time to search online for me... Thanks guys! Oh will try vinegar first.

Thanks Phil, is it simple to remove existing protector or does the surrounding of the screen need removing in order to remove the protector?

Just tried white vinegar - no luck!

I think you'd have to use an abrasive polish ... not sure but people might have used a plastic polish in the past. It might be that with a cover just stuck over as is that you don't see it anyway ... the custom fit protectors are designed to be stuck on with the frame in place, although I always mess it up with my sausage fingers. Must be an age thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meguiars 105 & 205 compound & Polish did the trick - thanks guys!
Screen is very shiny now, I'll see how I get on with it for the time being before sticking a screen protector on it.

20160919 113431
20160919 113425

Reactions: carlcall