One for the Turbo & DV Guys?

S

Scottamdaddy

Hi Guys,

I am trying to repair my car after the previous owner has bodged quite a bit on the old girl.

my question is this.... I have recently changed the DV and noticed that pervious owner has put a piece of copper pipe to from the top inlet hose to a rubber pipe then on to the DV valve.

the other hose is not bodged but it has been cut I am guessing its because it has split at some point and some one has been to lazy to change it as a result its slightly kinked.

how ever if you look at the picture that Audi have sent me it looks like I can either have the set up as the DV valve sitting directly in the inlet to turbo hose or have a pipe that joins the two together with a right angled plastic piece.

my question is this does any one know if this is true or if I am reading this picture all wrong????

also can any one tell me if the direction of the DV in the picture is true as I would like the best possible standard set up for the car#

Audi A4 B6 1.8T 150bhp 5 Door saloon 2001 156,000 Miles

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 202
My previous Passat 1.8t and my current A4 1.8tQ both have number 26 (the plastic angled piece) fitted.

damn was afraid of that looks like i might have to replace both sides of the DV now :(

Audi want £80 just for one side

Yeah but non of my cars plus if it's split once or twice on both ends of I did find one from a breakers I can't see it would have much life left in it

Yeah I know that's the issue ...Lol... I thought if I could plug it strait into the inlet hose I would only have to replace one pipe that way oh the joys

The dv goes straight into turbo blow hose then another hose goes from the inlet down to dv,(its prope name is recirc valve )the dv does not go into inlet it must be in blow hose.If you have the correct blow hose( from turbo to front cross member) then you just need dv which is £30 from tps and 1 hose to inlet which i may have lying around somewhere.

Hey mate thanks for that yeah some one has adapted mine, I have just replaced the dv valve or recirculation so I just need the hose. If you have a spare one I would truly appreciate it