2.0 TFSI Quattro fuel economy

The thing with comparing mpg is no one will have the exact same commute.

My first four miles consist of approximately 30 sets of traffic lights. By the time I reach the motorway, if reading just over 20mpg we are doing good. 12mpg is not so good - I must have got stopped at almost every traffic light/or its very busy! Compare that with someone that first four miles is open road no traffic lights then clearly there mpg greatly improved.

Reactions: Feemy and Klickflip
Thanks for reply's guys.
It does seem from other forums that the b8 2.0tfsi and especially quattro and poss s-tronic don't help are a bit more thirsty and no where near the advertised 40mpg for extra urban driving. - these must of been tested at 50mph! And 32mpg is realistic on a run.
I honestly expected it to be better than my B7 2.0 tfsi quattro.
I can get near 40mpg doing 50 down a slight gradient on an empty 50mph limit bypass road.

Just tested by resetting computer on a run round a quietish Edinburgh bypass tonight. Reset it once on , so no town driving . 2 roundabouts and decent traffic . Set cruise control to 74 and didn't really break and had a couple of squirts to get past a couple and slightly heavy footed coming out of the roundabouts for fun.
Result 32mpg.
Now for the same drive in my old b7 I would of got 35 I'm sure.
Conclusion.. the turbo really sucks fuel when you put your foot down much more than previous 2.0tfsi.
So imagine what I could get 35mpg doing 65 and no fun moments... but who does that in their 2.0tfsi!

Anyway I am booked in at Audi in a couple of weeks for S-tronic service so will ask them , though don't imagine they will say much as would make them look bad for claiming unrealistic mpg.

Reactions: Feemy
That does sound odd, I get 31-33 mpg on my 25 mile run to work in my S4. Maybe worth scanning for faults? Could get the Carista app and use your phone to do it.
Is the Carissa app same as an OBII scanner ? Or can it do / Diagnose more ? As I have an OBII already.
Cheers
S