Possible cab purchase

Benny B0Y

Reaction score
Evening all hope everyone is ok, I've been looking at possibly purchasing a 09 plate cab just wondering is there any main things to look out for with them.

Thanks in advanced Ben

It's a 2.0Ltdi automatic 81500 on the clock

Check for the basics. Roof and any damp in front footwells.
Gearbox needs service at 40k and 80k so look for proof of that .

Make sure air con runs cool, and all electrics are working including heated seats if it's s line. Little things like the windows go up and down properly etc :)

Has the oil pickup been done? Furthermore, regular oil changes and make sure roof goes up and down properly.

Last edited:
2.0 TDI 8V (BPW) engines suffer from the balance shaft failure and premature cam wears, unfortunately this cannot be prevented but I guess the main thing is to watch out for is a care that's been looked after. Not to say the issues won't happen, but may be reduced

The hydraulic roof motors suffer from cracking in the brushes, very common issue, I've wrote a guide on this, also you can get brushes or a recon motor

Best of luck

Thanks for the heads up guys, just one thing with regards to the cvt gearbox I generally didn't think they was opened up for services etc unless there was an issue with them, please tell me otherwise if I have got this wrong

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up guys, just one thing with regards to the cvt gearbox I generally didn't think they was opened up for services etc unless there was an issue with them, please tell me otherwise if I have got this wrong

Thanks

It's in the service book that they have oil change mate.

2.0 TDI 8V (BPW) engines suffer from the balance shaft failure and premature cam wears, unfortunately this cannot be prevented but I guess the main thing is to watch out for is a care that's been looked after. Not to say the issues won't happen, but may be reduced

The hydraulic roof motors suffer from cracking in the brushes, very common issue, I've wrote a guide on this, also you can get brushes or a recon motor

Best of luck

With regards to the roof is there anyway of checking if the motor has been changed etc

Thanks Ben

Don't be put off with the roof issues. Most issues are relatively an easy fix and not to expensive. If you really want a cab then you just have to go for. It's par for the course dude. Fun in the Sun. Priceless

Well I was looking at it for the inlaws and thanks for all of the info guys they decided to go with it and picked it up Saturday and I've got to say me and the missus can't wait to borrow it in the summer

Why wait for the summer. Mines down when it's dry all year round. People say I'm Crazy. Nahhhhhh

Tbh mate if I can get my hands on it and it's dry out I'll drop the lid down and put the heater on if I have to it'll be lovely

Haha you lot are troopers!

My roof doesnt come down unless its 25 Degrees +

:p