Who's REVO stage 2 ?

Well tried the S3 today and wow! Stage 2 is F**KING crazy just goes and goes. I had a little head to head with a 7R at some lights and my car went mental, thought a DSG would have had me but hay ho see ya! Can't wait for the new clutch and height torque map.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well tried the S3 today and wow! Stage 2 is F**KING crazy just goes and goes. I had a little head to head with a 7R at some lights and my car went mental, thought a DSG would have had me but hay ho see ya! Can't wait for the new clutch and height torque map.

Haha LoL good then ?? !!!!:racer:

Reactions: MikeParkin
Intercoolers going on tomorrow then I'm booking it into MRC for a dyno run.

Reactions: MikeParkin and pburv

That will be interesting @Rob2k68 . The chap that lives near me can say nothing but great things about Doug and the team at MRC.

His 8V S3 is running a healthy 387bhp / 560+nm torque from MRC ( decat downpipe, full intake kit and DSG remap ). Curious how your beast performs on the same rollers with Stage 2 Revo tune and the new Revo intercooler..

.edit......oh and dont forget that CTS elbow is good for another 10bhp as per @batch !! Dyno!!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and MikeParkin
That will be interesting @Rob2k68 . The chap that lives near me can say nothing but great things about Doug and the team at MRC.

His 8V S3 is running a healthy 387bhp / 560+nm torque from MRC ( decat downpipe, full intake kit and DSG remap ). Curious how your beast performs on the same rollers with Stage 2 Revo tune and the new Revo intercooler..

Enjoy!

Hi Jungle, it will indeed mate. I've just seen on F/B a 7R has 410bhp on their stage 2 with DSG remap so I'm guessing the chap you know is stage 1 or stage 2 minus the I/C ? Seems that a lot of these results are with down pipe alone and standard exhaust system from DP back which really floats my boat. MRC is only half hour from where I work too so that's a bonus ! They've also got some epic results (480bhp) with the TTE470 Turbo.

Watch this space .....

Haha LoL good then ?? !!!!:racer:

For mine been the low torque map it's very impressive indeed, just pulls like a train. When the car is cold I get clutch slip what I was well aware of and new would happen, once the transmission is all warm it's totally fine snd is great.

Can't wait to get the Sachs performance clutch 4 paddle sintered and flywheel.I'll get some pennies saved and may as well fit it myself ha. The the full torque map can get put on but then I may look into stage 3.

Awesome @Rob2k68 cant wait to see your results.

Hi Jungle, it will indeed mate. I've just seen on F/B a 7R has 410bhp on their stage 2 with DSG remap so I'm guessing the chap you know is stage 1 or stage 2 minus the I/C ? Seems that a lot of these results are with down pipe alone and standard exhaust system from DP back which really floats my boat. MRC is only half hour from where I work too so that's a bonus ! They've also got some epic results (480bhp) with the TTE470 Turbo.

Watch this space .....

Yes he is MRC stage 1, ( probably more like 1.5 as decat downpipe) but is bitten by the bug and it wont be long before he dips is hand in his pocket to go further. ... I have no doubt!

MRC have been great with him, initial tune, car bedded in then tweak tune and folllow up calls to ensure he is happy and anything he would like to see improved etc with tune. Like I say he really cannot praise MRC enough. He has to travel past / near it as part of his job and heard good things via the RS boys (4.6.7) etc and hence plumped for them.

His car is v quick... ... will have to do a proper comparison one day!

... me thinks u defo have the bug!!!

Enjoy your " FriYAY" with the new intercooler tom!!

For mine been the low torque map it's very impressive indeed, just pulls like a train. When the car is cold I get clutch slip what I was well aware of and new would happen, once the transmission is all warm it's totally fine snd is great.

Can't wait to get the Sachs performance clutch 4 paddle sintered and flywheel.I'll get some pennies saved and may as well fit it myself ha. The the full torque map can get put on but then I may look into stage 3.

Awesome @Rob2k68 cant wait to see your results.

Going from standard to stage 2 must mean recalibrating your mind and right foot LoL like a completely different car. After stage 1 for 15k miles it's a great usable power hike with more useful midrange thanks to the extra torque.

Yes he is MRC stage 1, ( probably more like 1.5 as decat downpipe) but is bitten by the bug and it wont be long before he dips is hand in his pocket to go further. ... I have no doubt!

MRC have been great with him, initial tune, car bedded in then tweak tune and folllow up calls to ensure he is happy and anything he would like to see improved etc with tune. Like I say he really cannot praise MRC enough. He has to travel past / near it as part of his job and heard good things via the RS boys (4.6.7) etc and hence plumped for them.

His car is v quick... ... will have to do a proper comparison one day!

... me thinks u defo have the bug!!!

Enjoy your " FriYAY" with the new intercooler tom!!

That's good to hear! 387 from stage 1.5 is a healthy number - wonder what the I/C brings to the party ? Guess I'll know tomorrow and with any luck I'll feel it on the butt dyno also need to get the logs reset so that the ECU relearns it

I think I do have the bug LoL but the man maths makes sense if it's just a bolt on turbo over and above stage 2 for an extra 60-70bhp I could be interested. Revo are about to launch stage 3 in conjunction with Turbo Technics so good to have some options too.

Reactions: S3Alex and MikeParkin
Going from standard to stage 2 must mean recalibrating your mind and right foot LoL like a completely different car. After stage 1 for 15k miles it's a great usable power hike with more useful midrange thanks to the extra torque.

That's good to hear! 387 from stage 1.5 is a healthy number - wonder what the I/C brings to the party ? Guess I'll know tomorrow and with any luck I'll feel it on the butt dyno also need to get the logs reset so that the ECU relearns it

I think I do have the bug LoL but the man maths makes sense if it's just a bolt on turbo over and above stage 2 for an extra 60-70bhp I could be interested. Revo are about to launch stage 3 in conjunction with Turbo Technics so good to have some options too.

Indeed be v interesting to see what temps u will be running at as well.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MikeParkin
Revo intercooler is on just waiting for it to be re-data logged ....... then the drive home ;o)

Awesome, when's MRC ? @Rob2k68

Prob towards the end of November they're booked solid almost a month in advance- i'd book it in now but there's the VAG Tuner Expo at Donnington on 23rd and I'm interested to see if Milltek are doing any offers on the systems.

Not good ! - I have a boost leak :scared2::scared2:

What's happened like mate ? @Rob2k68

One smoke test later sounds like a hose wasn't on properly - with the wider IC there was just enough room for the hose to go on but needed a little grinding of the front panel to get the hose clip in the right place.

Just on test now ....

Reactions: Brasso
So one scare later and a fairly long day I'm happy to report that the IC has made the car spool quicker and much more responsive and has also slightly altered the exhaust note when on boost - it's insanely quick with some crazy top gear roll ons coming back on the motorway.

Reactions: Brasso, MikeParkin and jungle650
So one scare later and a fairly long day I'm happy to report that the IC has made the car spool quicker and much more responsive and has also slightly altered the exhaust note when on boost - it's insanely quick with some crazy top gear roll ons coming back on the motorway.

I'm glad your happy haha, so it's better than stage 1 @Rob2k68

I'm glad your happy haha, so it's better than stage 1 @Rob2k68

They were on it 7 hours including the last hour re-gassing the air con and sorting the loose hose out so glad I didn't have a crack at it myself in hindsight.

It properly pushes you back in your seat now 70-100 on the private runway I found is mind blowing you just watch the needle move. It was no slouch before but it's came alive. Keen to get the TCU tune now as that's supposed to make for quicker changes so that's almost like free power LoL. Also keep considering the full Milltek but either way will look to get it on some rollers soonish hopefully within the next month.

7 Hours! ****** hell.

I really think the figures at nearly right. Be nice to have a print out to see what we are getting.

I'm going to try and get mine on a dyno.