re gen

phil g

Reaction score
hi does anybody no how often a re gen can happen or does it depend on your driving journeys

It's related to the kind of journeys you do. If you are doing mileage on motorways you actually get passive regen going on as the DPF gets hot enough to clear some of the soot. Short journeys in town are not the best for modern diesels with DPF's.
If the car has a sensor problem or the DPF is partially blocked it may regen more often.

just round town 2nd time in 2 months only found this out because the fans were running after engine stopped belive this is normal for the fans if not finished regen

Yes the fans will continue running if the car was in the middle of a regen as the DPF will be very hot.

Mine is doing it every week for 15 mins no mater what temperature the engine has..let s say every 75-80miles..15 mins clean and no probs. Adi

have you ever had the dash light on ?
Nope...love the car so I take good care of her:)..I have already a routine if you d like...as I drive it mostly on the same roads every day I try to keep all the time tank full or above mid with v power and the car is always re gen on the same days..Thu or Fri so I know how to drive it and how long for a proper clean. Yes I know I m a bit crazy

give it a good blast! is in the engines best interest to have a chance to chuck out the cobwebs :) mine does a regen every couple of hundred miles (when i had a dpf) 500 or so miles, but at the time i only ran it on the motorway.