Oil Pump** 2010 Audi A4 2.0 TDi S Line

Mo Shabz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Really stressed out and need help please.

My car engine was making funny noises yesterday and also the rpm kepy jerking- drives fine though.
Anyway I went to the garage and just been informed that the Oil pump has gone?
Has anyone else had this problem if so what can I do and what is the cheapest option?

I am majorly stressed and need any help or suggestions.

Thanks
Mo Shabz

Reactions: mpc
Oil pump? New engine required if the oil pump has gone and it was jerking.

Unless you misheard and it's the fuel pump? Try changing the fuel filter first.

How did your garage verify that it was an oil pump failure? Was the oil pressure low? Did you have oil pressure warnings lights on the instrument display panel?

Oil pump? New engine required if the oil pump has gone and it was jerking.

Unless you misheard and it's the fuel pump? Try changing the fuel filter first.

Hi,

so the AA came out yday and have said it can be the Fuel pressure regulator, Fuel sensor or Fuel injector.

Am just so glad it is not the oil pump. The idiot at the garage gave me the incorrect info.

Thanks

How did your garage verify that it was an oil pump failure? Was the oil pressure low? Did you have oil pressure warnings lights on the instrument display panel?

Hi

There was and still is no warning lights on the instrument dispaly panel.

The AA came out and have said it can be the Fuel pressure regulator, Fuel sensor or Fuel injector.

Thanks

Has anyone performed a diagnostic scan on it yet ? If you have any fault codes, post 'em up, that might help with a more focused diagnosis, really without that information, your just playing a guessing game

Very glad you are on the path to getting it sorted out and that it is likely to be something less minor than the oil pump. But this just typifies the standards of many small local garages. Some idiot presumably saw that it was a VAG 2.0 TDI and made the ridiculous guess:- "Oh yeh that'll be a failed oil pump" :frown new:

I still recon change the fuel filter and see ;)