Mag-ride failure symptoms. (Boing, Boing, Boing...)

GSB

Reaction score
Not sure if your magride is working or not?

Well here's a handy guide to the two tell tale sings that's that all is not well in your magnetorheological world.

Most obvious symptom, until you start moving, is this;

IMG 0752

Should that escape your notice though, then the comical lack of bump and especially rebound damping will be alarming, slightly nauseating and cannot fail to grab your attention. The oscillation and pitching over bumps is highly disconcerting, and the bouncing is occasionaly sufficient to almost throw you out of the seat. In short, the car becomes ****** horrible to drive.

This of course means that Audi's mag ride system is doing rather more for its living than I'd first supposed. You can of course tell the difference between comfort sand dynamic modes, but nearly as much as you can tell the difference between any mode and fully off.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, richinsoton, Simon L and 3 others
Nope, utterly random. I didn't drive it for a couple of weeks, fault light came up when I next started it.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Good job it's only a loaner eh.....so when is your car due....?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Morning jassy...:salute:
I was wondering the same thing...It can't be long now?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, WarwickL, Simon L and 2 others
Morning jassy...:salute:
I was wondering the same thing...It can't be long now?

If all goes to plan....

Monday.

Of course, its all reliant on the stars aligning, the tea leaves coming out the right way, and the dealer remembering to pick the car up from Elite Car Care, but if all that happens on Monday I'll be the owner of my own S3 without broken Mag-Ride.

I just worked it out, I've had a car on semi-permanent loan from Slough Audi for almost 20 weeks. That's not a bad testimonial for decent customer care. I'd never bought an Audi before, and had never even stepped foot in the dealership before I picked the car up, so it's not like I had achieved the status of being a customer Audi cares about and wants to look after, yet...

After 4.5 months of being responsible for someone else's car though I'm looking forward to not having to worry so much about curb-rash, trolley dings, and stone-chips.

And, I'm really looking forward to being able to see a decent result from my washing labours. Washing Floret silver is like painting your lounge with another coat of magnolia. When you stand back to admire the results of your hours of hard work its extremely disappointing to find it looks exactly the same as it did before you started.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Floret is boring, it's just that it's, well... boring...

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, Flying Scotsman and 5 others
If all goes to plan....

Monday.

Of course, its all reliant on the stars aligning, the tea leaves coming out the right way, and the dealer remembering to pick the car up from Elite Car Care, but if all that happens on Monday I'll be the owner of my own S3 without broken Mag-Ride.

I just worked it out, I've had a car on semi-permanent loan from Slough Audi for almost 20 weeks. That's not a bad testimonial for decent customer care. I'd never bought an Audi before, and had never even stepped foot in the dealership before I picked the car up, so it's not like I had achieved the status of being a customer Audi cares about and wants to look after, yet...

After 4.5 months of being responsible for someone else's car though I'm looking forward to not having to worry so much about curb-rash, trolley dings, and stone-chips.

And, I'm really looking forward to being able to see a decent result from my washing labours. Washing Floret silver is like painting your lounge with another coat of magnolia. When you stand back to admire the results of your hours of hard work its extremely disappointing to find it looks exactly the same as it did before you started.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Floret is boring, it's just that it's, well... boring...
Looking forward to see your S3 all dolled up in GTechniq goodness :) Mine will go next week end.
Let's hope the sun will be out on Monday to show Navarra Blue in all its gorgeousness ;-)
With all the time you've been waiting for it you're going to feel like you're finally seeing a white unicorn! lol

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Looking forward to see your S3 all dolled up in GTechniq goodness :) Mine will go next week end.
Let's hope the sun will be out on Monday to show Navarra Blue in all its gorgeousness ;-)
With all the time you've been waiting for it you're going to feel like you're finally seeing a white unicorn! lol

That unicorn better be Navarra Blue. If it's white you'll be able to see the mushroom cloud from where you are...

You're not the only one looking forward to seeing the gtechniq shine. I'll be sure to post up some pictures, but the weather's not looking ideal for sunshine photography.

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
That unicorn better be Navarra Blue. If it's white you'll be able to see the mushroom cloud from where you are...

You're not the only one looking forward to seeing the gtechniq shine. I'll be sure to post up some pictures, but the weather's not looking ideal for sunshine photography.

............sometimes a bright but overcast day can be even better. I'm sure it'll look the business after all the grief to get here ;)

Reactions: pburv, GSB, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person