Facelift Tyre Pressure settings

mistac

Reaction score
I have a standard A3 Sportback with 17" 225/45/70/17/91Y tyres (bridgestone) but I am still a little puzzled about correct pressures - nearly all the time it is just me in the car and the car is rarely heavily loaded at other times - the attached sticker and page in manual gives 2 pressures - both mentioning being partially loaded but also mentions one of those being a comfort setting (there is mention of other settings which I do understand) - which am I supposed to use for every day driving as I have not seen 2 similarly worded pressures on my previous cars!

Attachments

• IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0981.JPG
    894.4 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    862.8 KB · Views: 676
Set them to 35, 32, and if you decide you want more comfort, lower them to 30,28.

Mine use 36,33 and I've never felt the need to lower the pressure, plus the lower the pressure the poor the fuel consumption I believe?

Going by the sticker and the info, the lower setting is for a softer ride and NOT for going mad around the bends etc(there will be to much flex in the side walls!).

35, 32 is what is recommended for a more faster drive(stiffer side wall)

Reactions: pburv
How come there is a decent PSI difference between 225/40/R18 92Y and 225/40/R18 92V? The 92V's are recommended to have 4 more PSI's on the front and rear tyres for example...Is it because of the Mud and Snow addition?

Also, what is the minimum load rating we should be using on our 8V saloons?

Last edited:
Reactions: C39KER
How come there is a decent PSI difference between 225/40/R18 92Y and 225/40/R18 92V? The 92V's are recommended to have 4 more PSI's on the front and rear tyres for example...Is it because of the Mud and Snow addition?

Also, what is the minimum load rating we should be using on our 8V saloons?
You are correct, winter tyres need higher pressures.

Reactions: Gordo77
I've got the pre-facelift but same car as the OP and the pressures are very different. No comfort option:

IMG_20140707_090057.jpg

I have been wondering this too. Got a loss of pressure warning on my car the other day. Still not sorted it yet.

Reactions: pburv
I have been wondering this too. Got a loss of pressure warning on my car the other day. Still not sorted it yet.
Have you checked for any screws or nails embedded in your tyres?
For the warning to come up i reckon you have picked up something..:yes:

Have you checked for any screws or nails embedded in your tyres?
For the warning to come up i reckon you have picked up something..:yes:
No i havnt checked to be honest. Ill give them a once over next time im out in it. They dont look low though. Which i know doesnt mean anything lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
No i havnt checked to be honest. Ill give them a once over next time im out in it. They dont look low though. Which i know doesnt mean anything lol
To be honest you should get them checked out....Just in case..:yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Daytonapig