Hi all

Bruno Rodrigues

Reaction score
First of all Im trying to understand the forum's dynamic so I apolagize in advance for any misplaced thread.
My car is an Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI (Unfortinately, barely no extras)
I already have a few things I need assistance with as I just bought a 2nd hand RSN-E with AMI. No cables included. And my first question is, what cables do I need to buy to install the new headunit? (I have the basic Audi Chorus)

Thank you very much in advance :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. What year is your car?

Is from 2009 (geting old but still love to drive it)

Your rns-e unit will be a straight swap with no cables required as it uses the quad lock plug which you already have on yours. It will however need a little coding with vcds to make everything work correctly. But as long as you have the security code for the unit it will work until you can get coding done.

Your rns-e unit will be a straight swap with no cables required as it uses the quad lock plug which you already have on yours. It will however need a little coding with vcds to make everything work correctly. But as long as you have the security code for the unit it will work until you can get coding done.
I thought the coding was necessary for cars with DIS(which I dont have). Will it need coding as well with my cluster? (Foto attached)
245478c01e292b929b0c195cdc233e41.jpg

I also have a AMI unit and I need to buy the harness to connect it apparently. Any sugestions on brand/store?

Thank you very much ;)

I think we all have little experience with non-DIS clusters so that's probably why not many replies... This cable https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/retrofits/music/music-interface-ami-rns-e-harness-audi-tt-8j-a3-8p is correct I think, I used a similar one in my A4. However, coding with your cluster is unknown and if it works ok, you will be limited as you'll have not track names, satnav directions in the dashboard, only on the RNS-E screen. I'm also not 100% that all A3 central electronics modules / CAN gateways (especially your standard spec car) support the Media Player (AMI) coding option ?

Thank you for the reply first of all
Thats a good point. I honestly dont have any idea because I no very little about coding. Do you know anyone in the Basingstoke area, by any chance, that could helped me with that?

Thank you very much ;) how hard (and expwnsive lol) would it be to get a better cluster on my car? Any idea?

Best bet would be to message user NHN who is a site sponsor and very knowledgable retofitter...

Reactions: Bruno Rodrigues