Fuel pump

Lewis0292

Reaction score
Hi I've just changed my fuel pump because it was very noisy and struggling to start ..... now the problem I have is I can't get the car to start with the new pump in can anybody help please ... maybe there's something I haven't done that I should of ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have kinked a pipe or something?

What car?

When you say you changed the pump was it a complete unit or did you fit just a pump into an existing housing?

<tuffty/>

I am hoping to do this tomorrow on my S3, so will be interested with your solution.

is it possible the new fuel pump has blown the fuse? or does your old fuel pump work if you put it back?

Seam to be an epidemic just changed my today :). But on the serious note if the fuse is ok maybe check with an voltmeter if you are getting current to the pump. If not it might be the crank position sensor or the fuel pump relay.

Reading the Haynes manual you need to make sure the return and flow pipes are connected back correctly too.

okay so I just changed my fuel pump on S3 without any drama (didn't solve my problem but that'll be a different thread)

on the S3 you need to move the top bit with spring out the way and then disconnect one pipe electrically and fuel pipe wise and then lift and unhook another pipe tidy / retainer from the pump / sender attachment before withdrawing the fuel pump.

I nearly put the fuel pipe on over one of the pipe sheaths which is there to stop any debris entering the fuel pump during transport. I don't see how anyone could wire it incorrectly the connectors are different sizes and you can hear the pump humming when trying to start the car the first time, it took a good 30 seconds of cranking before starting.

Sounds like you have kinked a pipe or something?

What car?

When you say you changed the pump was it a complete unit or did you fit just a pump into an existing housing?

<tuffty/>

I changed the full unit but being a right muppet I had put the 2 pipes back on but in the wrong place it's running again now cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeriho