Subframe bushes!

Cheeks

Reaction score
So my front subframe bushes look like sh** cracked to bits and I'm assuming that's what's causing some handling issues. (If you've seen previous posts I've pretty much replaced every bush minus top mounts)
Btw it's not the control arms it's the front centre subframe that the arms attach to (seems to bring up a lot of control arms when searching)

Few questions...

How hard of a job is it?
Does anyone have the part number?
Is there a god? Because if so he seems to hate my car :(

Car - A3 8L 1.6

Did you have the car tracked up properly after fitting all those bushes? Just a thought that's all.

Yeah it's been tracked around 4 times, it always seems to be off.
I'm getting coilovers put on sometime in the next few weeks so I was thinking as it's all getting done I may get them done but don't know what symptoms there are for it.

There are only one set of bushes for the subframe and they are fairly solid ones in the rear where the subframe bolts to the floor pan..

Part numbers can be found using the parts catalogue links in the FAQs...

Maybe take a picture to help explain what you are looking at as they are the only ones i can think of in the subframe itself...

<tuffty/>

That's the subframe I'm talking about it's the silver looking ones on the pic (not my frame, got the pic off eBay)

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 186
Just as another bit of info that may help, I pushed the brakes quite firm before turning a corner, then when I accelerated again it was pulling to the left until I accelerated harder then it straightened out

Is it not a sticky left brake going faster may have released it

Reactions: Cheeks
I have thought that, would that be the cause of something like pressing the brake and it being firm but the pedal going further down the second time?