fl audi s3 keyless key pic

Daz4311

Reaction score
On my fl s3 ive gone keyless...can someone post a pic of the keyless key please as want to order a leather key cover and I've seen a few different keyless keys so want to make sure which one I've got..as there's one with the keyring shank on the corner of key and one were it goes across the whole of the bottom of the key...hope this makes sense folks

FL Advanced Key..

213525f56978224e40df5d9155e2e6e6.jpg

d0e4fb0846d1006c5abb6f075204f59f.jpg

6dc9792332b4191eeec3c6a2d4113fa7.jpg

cb767e9fffa6c0816cc1faf3f5471a8c.jpg

fb627448256f68d717bcd7bef50e87ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Daz4311
Jeez....so it's just same as my normal key..I thought it would be the keyless type key?!!?very strange we keep just the normal key?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and CrypticMG
That's how it is on the A3/S3 range... A4s, Q5s etc have the nice slim key

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Yeah, just the same key mate. What cover are you thinking of getting?

Yeah, just the same key mate. What cover are you thinking of getting?

Well I'm not sure now lol as I thought I would be getting the keyless key...so looks like I may just get the audi leather key cover...maybe lol

Reactions: CrypticMG
FL Advanced Key..

213525f56978224e40df5d9155e2e6e6.jpg

d0e4fb0846d1006c5abb6f075204f59f.jpg

6dc9792332b4191eeec3c6a2d4113fa7.jpg

cb767e9fffa6c0816cc1faf3f5471a8c.jpg

fb627448256f68d717bcd7bef50e87ce.jpg

Identical to the PFL advanced key then!!

Stuff leather key rings...................get yourself something classy like this ................... (only £8 off ebay) :)

20150806_110903-1_zps261metbe.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and CrypticMG
Oh I was looking for something like that the other day Simon L - didn't see anything as decent looking as that though.... Will take another look

Got this key ring with the car (also has the Audi assist 24/7 breakdown number on it too)
Key

Reactions: CrypticMG and pburv
I got one of these ones: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Key...1-Q3-Q7-TT-R8-A3-S3-Case-Key/32710913358.html and spray-painted it with my Sepang body color. It doesn't add too much to the bulk and makes it look really sharp. I'll post a pic if anyone wants to see it.

My thoughts on the leather versions are that because there is so much that needs to be left open on the one side for the key switchblade, you'll never get a soft cover to really stay on well without becoming "flappy" unless you glue it.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I got one of these ones: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Key...1-Q3-Q7-TT-R8-A3-S3-Case-Key/32710913358.html and spray-painted it with my Sepang body color. It doesn't add too much to the bulk and makes it look really sharp. I'll post a pic if anyone wants to see it.

My thoughts on the leather versions are that because there is so much that needs to be left open on the one side for the key switchblade, you'll never get a soft cover to really stay on well without becoming "flappy" unless you glue it.

You've played a blinder there mate............especially with the gold one!! I'm tagging @Kingfisher in, gonna look ace with his brake calipers lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv

The link suggests that it's stickers ? Is it or is it a case ?
Thanks

I'd ignore the category it is in... probably just trying to maximize his views

It says it is an "Abs Hard Plastic" cover

Thanks

Most of these come with 3m strips inside that allow you to stick it to the original fob

A few are click together but they come apart too easily

My cf one has 3m strips and works well, even though I'm not a huge fan of cf (was a gift)

Reactions: Rob2k68
You mean to tell me Audi still don't have Remote Start? Whatever happened to Vorsprung durch Technik?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
You mean to tell me Audi still don't have Remote Start? Whatever happened to Vorsprung durch Technik?

You still need a physical key in case power goes down or the touch sensitive lock fails

Edit - I'm not sure but here in AU, remote start isn't allowed by ADR. Could be wrong

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
We have remote start, but as mentioned, the key still has the blade to physically open the door if the keyless/battery fails

Reactions: pburv, WarwickL and Rob2k68
Thanks
It is a case with 2 sides that snap together around the existing case, no glue, no 3M. Fits perfectly and stays together with no problems.

Reactions: lfcrule1972, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Reactions: pburv, azibux1 and Rob2k68
That doesn't look too shabby !

Clips over existing case rather than replacing it so the fob will grow by a few mm ?

Does make the fob a big chunkier but super tactile (and slippery).

I've dropped mine a few times but the case has stood up well.

1465d40afbfd3f34cbbd8ba14c11d411.jpg

b814a9891ce06ada0a6d2be9e510c575.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and azibux1
A couple of people said the CF ones had an effect on the range of the remote

Had no such issues with the CF one I was gifted.

The service dept guys always comment on it (and the air vent trims) - in a good way ;)

To be honest I had forgotten that, but remember reading it somewhere now you mention it... If it can work through walls... I'm not sure how a little bit of carbon fibre would cause it an issue? Hmm we'll see

That doesn't look too shabby !

Clips over existing case rather than replacing it so the fob will grow by a few mm ?

True, described as 'ultra thin' and I think I saw an Amazon listing saying '1mm' but I'm not sure if that's true... Hopefully won't make it much chunkier

And hopefully there's enough space left at the bottom silver part to have a keyring ring installed still... maybe @WarwickL can confirm? I guess this is similar to the one he's got anyway, if not the same even

EDIT: Sneaky edit there Warwick! Answered my question before I asked it haha. Looks good! Is the Audi logo the one on the key showing through a cutout? Or the cover has its own logo?

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and WarwickL
EDIT: Sneaky edit there Warwick! Answered my question before I asked it haha. Looks good! Is the Audi logo the one on the key showing through a cutout? Or the cover has its own logo?

Audi logo is the one on the fob - prefer it recessed (keeps it smooth and stops wear)

Didn't mean to be sneaky :)

Just figured a picture or two might help you see it in 'real life'.

Mine was from Raywell. May or may not be the same as the one you posted. Mine uses 3m tape. Maybe yours is a click together type.

Edit - actually just zoomed in on your ebay one and I don't think it is as good as the Raywell one - the Raywell seems to be better cut around the logo and the key ?

Reactions: pburv, azibux1 and Rob2k68
To be honest I had forgotten that, but remember reading it somewhere now you mention it... If it can work through walls... I'm not sure how a little bit of carbon fibre would cause it an issue? Hmm we'll see

True, described as 'ultra thin' and I think I saw an Amazon listing saying '1mm' but I'm not sure if that's true... Hopefully won't make it much chunkier

And hopefully there's enough space left at the bottom silver part to have a keyring ring installed still... maybe @WarwickL can confirm? I guess this is similar to the one he's got anyway, if not the same even

Thanks both. It does look like the ring logo on the back is visible through a hole in which case it IS super slim can't be more than 0.5mm thick as the rings look flush to the carbon surface - think I'm going to make a purchase .....

Reactions: pburv and azibux1
Audi logo is the one on the fob - prefer it recessed (keeps it smooth and stops wear)

Didn't mean to be sneaky :)

Just figured a picture or two might help you see it in 'real life'.

Mine was from Raywell. May or may not be the same as the one you posted. Mine uses 3m tape. Maybe yours is a click together type.

Edit - actually just zoomed in on your ebay one and I don't think it is as good as the Raywell one - the Raywell seems to be better cut around the logo and the key ?

Nah I'm just kidding

Pics were appreciated!

To be honest the raywell one (didn't realise you had a raywell one) probably is better quality, but also double the price which is more than I'm willing to spend for what it is... Looks good though!

Thanks both. It does look like the ring logo on the back is visible through a hole in which case it IS super slim can't be more than 0.5mm thick as the rings look flush to the carbon surface - think I'm going to make a purchase .....

Which one are you buying Rob? Raywell or Pinally (eBay)?

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and WarwickL
Nah I'm just kidding

Pics were appreciated!

To be honest the raywell one (didn't realise you had a raywell one) probably is better quality, but also double the price which is more than I'm willing to spend for what it is... Looks good though!

Which one are you buying Rob? Raywell or Pinally (eBay)?

Not sure mate, might wait until yours turns up !! :friends:

Reactions: azibux1, pburv and WarwickL
Personally I wouldn't buy the Raywell one

Mostly because he shafted me on dodgy S3 puddle lamps

He admitted they were faulty but would not refund them

The Raywell is well made but damn pricey - glad it was a gift

Last edited:
Reactions: azibux1, Rob2k68 and pburv
Not sure mate, might wait until yours turns up !! :friends:
Good shout! I opted for free second class postage lol so may be Monday based on the estimate, but I'm hoping for Friday delivery
Personally I wouldn't buy the Raywell one

Mostly because he shafted me on dodgy S3 puddle lamps

He admitted they were faulty but would not refund them

The Raywell is well made but damn pricey - glad it was a gift

Yeah I remember a post about the projection unit inside the lights being loose and raywell being a bit useless about it

Reactions: Rob2k68 and WarwickL