Low battery caused ESP and ABS lights to come on.

RobS80

Reaction score
Hi guys, my first problem.

The car I have just purchased belonged to my brother. He hadnt used it for around 6-8 weeks so inevitably the battery was low/flat.

My dad went to move it and noted the low battery (it wouldnt turn over at all) and put it on charge. Now starts and runs fine but has the EPS and Airbag lights on. Mate came and scanned with VCDS and it threw the following codes up

Address 01: Engine Labels: 038-906-019-AVF.lbl
Part No: 038 906 019 JQ
Component: 1,9l R4 EDC 0000SG 1570

1 Fault Found:
17931 - Crash Signal from Airbag Controller
P1523 - 35-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
Readiness: 0 0 X X X

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-517.lbl
Part No: 8E0 614 517
Component: ABS/ESP front 1726
Coding: 04255

1 Fault Found:
01826 - Sensor for Steering Angle (G85); Supply Voltage Terminal 30
35-00 - -

All codes were cleared but these remained. I understand the EPS/ABS fault may resolve once the car is moved as the ABS sensors sort themselves out, and the fact it shows 'Supply Voltage Terminal 30' is likely down to low voltage.

Just very strange with the airbag light. Car has been sat and never had an accident. I am curious about 'Readiness: 0 0 X X X' though. I really doubt the ABS controller or sensor suddenly became faulty. His VCDS wouldnt clear or access the Airbag systems though, which is a worry.

Anyone able to help?

Can get it when battery disconnected or very low
Had it last week when amp went in

Just cleared it all using VCDS

Clear them and then drive the car, they shouldn't come back.

It is a known thing for when the battery goes flat. If it doesn't clear after driving, then look into the errors further.

if the batteries had it then how do you expect the cars electrical systems to fully boot up, the cars ecu will only boot whats needed 1st with what ever power its got avalible to it,

get a new batt thats powerful enough to start and run it, also, dont get a cheap batt, they dont last long and winters knocking on the door .

if the batteries had it then how do you expect the cars electrical systems to fully boot up, the cars ecu will only boot whats needed 1st with what ever power its got avalible to it,

get a new batt thats powerful enough to start and run it, also, dont get a cheap batt, they dont last long and winters knocking on the door .

Did you miss the bit where it starts and runs fine?

Update

Both ESP and Airbag lights have gone off on their own after a drive to work and back.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Yep, as expected, it just needed a "recalibration" type thing...
Glad it is working for ya