Alloy wheel colour??

Gavin_s3

Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting my wheels sprayed soon but I'm struggling to decide on what colour to go for. At the moment I'm thinking satin black. The reason for getting them done is there's very slight curbing on 2 of the wheels and white worm is starting to kick in.
Feel free to comment or post pictures with ideas!

IMG 9149

Those alloys look perfect with the car as it is imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LargeAudi, Gavin_s3 and Gazwould
Those alloys look perfect with the car as it is imo.

They do suit the car well however they are all getting refurbed because of minor curbing.
It's looking like satin black rotors :car:

Refurb yes, change colour no!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Mujnu
They do suit the car well however they are all getting refurbed because of minor curbing.
It's looking like satin black rotors :car:

Satin black rotors get a thumbs down from me lol but to each their own

Now I'm thinking dark anthracite or silver!

Similar but I'm getting the cut metal finish sprayed over. Love these!

View attachment 106671

They actually don't look half bad, but maybe a tad too dark. That pic has made me think otherwise now lol

That being said, when it's all black the alloys don't look expensive, just looks like standard black alloys

They won't look like Rotors once they are painted the same colour all over. They'll be just black alloys if you do this.

Reactions: 45bvtc, S., Gavin_s3 and 2 others
Anyone got photoshop skills? If so can you paint my wheels satin black :smiley:

You could spay them with Plastidip satin black , this is easily removed if you don't like it .

Or if you do decide to keep , one of us can easily remove it :welcoming:

Reactions: Baka, S. and Mujnu
You could spay them with Plastidip satin black , this is easily removed if you don't like it .

Or if you do decide to keep , one of us can easily remove it :welcoming:

Haha!

Reactions: Lauris.8p
Everyone has been as much help as a chocolate fire guard lol cheers anyway :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mujnu
To conclude, leave the alloys as they are, just get a refurb but don't change the colour!

or if your heart is set on satin black, just paint the middle bits black and get the outer faces diamond cut again :peace: that would look pretty dope

@Gavin_s3 just a really quick play but can do better later with more time just changed the rear for now.

Attachments

• audi-Recovered.jpg
    audi-Recovered.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 582
Reactions: Gavin_s3
Shame , nice wheels but I can't see them because they're all black .

Could be any 5 spoke design and not the Audi classic Rotor .

Here's a nicer one .

img_9149-jpg.106469

Reactions: Mujnu
I had satin black lenso's for a while they were alright but the satin black doesn't match anything else on the car. The satin grey they are now matches the grill and front splitter and rear diffuser. It all flows and matchstick, so I would stick with theverything standard look

IMG 9209

This body shop give me a paint code to have a look it (photo above) can still see the detail on the rotor wheel, this is a contender.
Got 3 more days till I need to decide.....

I would Refurb them in antherite colour and get the edges diamond cut

:astonished:
I would Refurb them in antherite colour and get the edges diamond cut

Im just not willing to pay £86 a wheel to refurb them. The diamond cut finish looks great but is a terrible design. One little chip to the lacquer and the finish is ruined hence why I'm opting for a full spray :smiley:

Which brings us full circle to referb in the present colour anthracite or what it be in a satin or gloss and have the diamond cut as a hyper silver shadow chrome type paint finish .

People here have had it done !

A such example .

Thread concluded .

Reactions: Mujnu, 45bvtc and Gavin_s3
Have seen a few red cars with them like this

Attachments

• IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: Gavin_s3
Proberly best option is what gazwould has said getting edges painted

I mentioned getting the diamond cut finish sprayed silver to retain the oem look. He won't do it and says the finish is terrible in comparison. So all sprayed 1 colour it is.