Enable Optical Parking System on MMI - Rear only sensors

reator22

Reaction score
My A4 is from 2009 and have just acoustic rear parking sensors.

My parking module is this one:
Audi 8K0 907 801 E

Can it be activated with VCDS lite?

I have looked everywhere, but can't find if this module will be compatible!

I only have a Audi Concert with screen, no plug anywhere! Don't even if I can call it MMI.

I'll have VCDS lite next week, waiting for the cable.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VCDS Lite won't work with the 8K.

You need the full version - http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

Any rear optical PDC I've done on the 8K they've all been compatible (PFL). Just remember to enable security access before changing any coding within that particular controller.

VCDS Lite won't work with the 8K.

You need the full version - http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

Any rear optical PDC I've done on the 8K they've all been compatible (PFL). Just remember to enable security access before changing any coding within that particular controller.

Is it not compatible for anything of just for this king of modification? Will be able to read errors?

I guess will be cheaper to go for Carista or Obdeleven.

I thought the full version of VCDS lite would work, it costs 99$, should do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VCDS Lite doesn't work on cars which use the CAN communication.

You'd be best cancelling your order as it won't read any aspect of the car.

Or, spend more by paying for an upgrade from same source, costs a lot, but there you go, also it will start to pay for itself if it lets you diagnose your AC problem? That is why VCDS makes sense as it can save you money in the long term - "have VW Group" = "must have VCDS" these cars are all going to give you problems, I can live with that as long as I have VCDS ! That is the reason I stick with VW Group cars, all cars are crap and full of latent faults, but with VCDS and VW Group cars you can still be in charge!

As mentioned, VCDS Lite only works on K-line (mk4 Golf etc).
Even the Micro-CAN cable doesn't work with the B8, it needs the Hex-USB+CAN cable.

Well. I had to hold on for the time being and bought Carista App for a week along side with WIFI connector. All worked good, however Carista is very limited in options. It's worth the money as iI could check for errors ( is a new car for me).

I'm happy in the future either buy it or get a VCDS from someone nearby. I just need to know if actualy my car will have the option to get the hidden menu as well the visual/optical parking sensors on display.

Its a 58 plate, one of the first B8 in the market I guess. It as audi concert with coloured screen but does not have any plug inside the gloves box. As described above I have a factory rear parking sensors with a Audi module.

I have only rear park sensors and 3G MMI, so I would assume that we have the same park module. Test and report.

Poslano z mojega LG-E975 z uporabo Tapatalk

I have just realised that I have the parking sensor module but also have a retrofit parking sensor box. The wires seems to be retrofited. Don't think it will work.

What other funcionalities has the parking module?

Just found that my module is not a parking module, so, nothing to be done.

How is it possible to find out if I cant get visual parking aid on my 2012 a4 b8.5. I have the basic concert system bluetooth , sd card etc . . . Would carista app be to do this or will it depend on my parking assist module :readit:

I thought that with the change from B8 to B8.5 came with changes to the parking controller, but what these changes mean in reality, I can't say. With the B8, the limitation was the lower level parking controller that was used when only rear parking sensors were fitted did not , I seem to remember allow for OPS with only rear parking from factory. Put it this way, when I upgraded my B8 from rear parking sensors to front and rear parking sensors, I needed to replace the parking controller and was able to enable OPS after fitting that controller.

Reactions: Marky007
I just paid for carista app and that cant add ops on the vehicle :readit:

That might be more that it is not a much asked for "one click option change" than possible/impossible to do with VCDS.