Rnse 2 coding

christoph

Reaction score
Hi, probably covered loads before but trying to work out what exactly needs coding with vcds i.e the code I will need to input. My friend has vcds so once I get code for the unit so I can use it will pop round and code. I've got a b7 a4, I have the half amplified system which is where I'm struggling to work out the code I would need. I have DIS also and would like to have the aux turned on too if I decide to have 1 eventually. And help is greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't want to tell you what code to put in cos I don't know what is coded now. If you give me the code now, I could tell you what to change it to enable aux etc.

Or is it a new install of a second hand unit? If so, you'd just need to go through what is needed, and I guess also get it to learn the new vin.
You mention rns-e 2, do you mean the mk2 unit?

Yes will be an installation of a mk2 rnse to replace the symphony I currently have. From what I can find I may be able to work out what code is needed. But I'm not sure what my half amplified system goes as because it's not full bose but not the base spec none amplified system. Do you know? And I just want to turn aux on while being coded so it's done for if or when I choose to fit aux lead. I'm waiting to receive the unit still.

Yes will be an installation of a mk2 rnse to replace the symphony I currently have. From what I can find I may be able to work out what code is needed. But I'm not sure what my half amplified system goes as because it's not full bose but not the base spec none amplified system. Do you know? And I just want to turn aux on while being coded so it's done for if or when I choose to fit aux lead. I'm waiting to receive the unit still.

So I know what it should be like. Yours would be like
03?1?5? - the ? You'd have to work out yourself from here - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_(RNS-E)
It is very simple, just add the numbers and add them. As you want aux I added the 5 at the second to last. Aux is 4 +1 as 1 is standard.
I have Bose and the 4th number for me is 9. I'm not sure what the system you have would be, but if unsure just put it as Audi a4. Maybe play around with it see what is best. 3rd number is parking sensors if you have them. I do, so I have 2 there. If you don't i guess it is 0.

Need any more info, let me know. I'll try to help out as much as I can!