Car not starting!

Deathsoul

Reaction score
Hey guys

okay just to give you information i recently changed the Throttle body as my old one was really dirty all round and also because i had the 'Emission light' on the dashboard. Well after one day of changing the throttle body my car does not start. I drove to my dads place and got in the car to return home and it didn't start.. :/ It makes a noise how a normal car starts and then it cranks!!! we have checked Fuel filter and its all fine, I gave it to the mechanic hoping it should be fixed tomorrow. why has this happened? he said he has connected it to the diagnostics and no errors showed up.

I really need some help out here guys! In so much stress its unbelievable..

Probably something to do with the throttle body and its choking. Did you get any smoke out of the exhaust when trying to start it?

Probably something to do with the throttle body and its choking. Did you get any smoke out of the exhaust when trying to start it?
No mate no smoke, i told the mechanic to put back the Old throttle to see if it starts working. I don't know man, i'm so upset and worried over this situation. As i can't attend university because i need this vehicle. My car had to be towed to the local garage today :(

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can't just swap the throttle body like that. It needs a 'throttle body alignment' (electronically, using computer). Any decent Indy garage should be able to sort that for you!

Diesel? Basic rule of thumb, rmeove boost pipe and put hand in to see if the flap is moving correctly to the open position to start the engine.

Modern cars are "fly by wire" which means the accelerator pedal links to the throttle electronically and not by an old fashioned cable. If you remove a "fly by wire" throttle body and manually move the butterfly valve (as you would do during a cleaning process as they can get dirty around their perimeter) then you will confuse the electronics (sensors on accelerator pedal and throttle body) which often needs to be re-synchronised via the manufacturer's diagnostic software.