Issues on collection

Hmm, I think that grey interior looks rather good.

Grey with Alacatara would be interesting to see from the OP.
IMG 0100

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Dan_G and 3 others
Just collected my new s3 and now after the initial excitement has worn off, I've noticed a couple of problems- first being no puddle lights, which I believe is common. However, my wife has pointed out 'did you order grey seats?' Answer -no! I can see her point- had not noticed on collection, but they are grey- just checked order and it states back/ grey stitching! Dealer admitted that having changed my mind about Navarra blue, they kept that order and put another order in. Have they made a mistake or do the black leather/suade seats look a bit grey?
Congrats on the new car!
However I'm still trying to figure out how you didn't notice the Rock Grey seats instead of Black seats when you picked it up because there's no way Rock Grey can be mistaken for Black!! :blink: :blow:

Reactions: Rob2k68, ammo-mcr, pburv and 5 others
Congrats on the new car!
However I'm still trying to figure out how you didn't notice the Rock Grey seats instead of Black seats when you picked it up because there's no way Rock Grey can be mistaken for Black!! :blink: :blow:
You and me both!!!! I'm blaming the lighting!!!! It was 5.30pmnwhen I collected lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jcbmally and 5 others
You and me both!!!! I'm blaming the lighting!!!! It was 5.30pmnwhen I collected lol
Lol. Fair enough!
I've got Rock Grey seats. They're nice. Makes the cabin a bit more welcoming otherwise it's rather dark.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Simon L and 2 others
Lol. Fair enough!
I've got Rock Grey seats. They're nice. Makes the cabin a bit more welcoming otherwise it's rather dark.

I didn't realise how dark the cabin would be with privacy glass, but I kinda like it now I'm getting used to it.... quite like the dark cosy look especially with all the subtle white led lights.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Have to say, the seats are really growing on me. Have told the dealer that I'm rejecting the order and have requested a meeting with the dealer principal. They emailed today to ask what they could do to keep me in this car. Put ball back in their court by saying up to them to make an offer that would make up for having to 'make do'. I'll see what happens.

Reactions: Rob2k68, ammo-mcr, SpeedyFrog and 11 others
With the Audi-beam on an S3 sportback is it meant to be in the rear doors as well?

Mine has it on the front doors but normal puddle lights on the front.

Cheers

Don't take the autoglym , it will be terrible and I'd keep them away from your paintwork as much as possible lol, as would many here

Up to you based on how into detailing and cleaning it yourself you are though

+1!!!!!!! AVOID!! Their valet teams are c**p. They aren't trained, they will just seal over all of the dirt on your paintwork. My S3 was delivered in an awful state, I had it detailed by a professional free of charge.. full paint correction, it was covered in swirls.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Have to say, the seats are really growing on me. Have told the dealer that I'm rejecting the order and have requested a meeting with the dealer principal. They emailed today to ask what they could do to keep me in this car. Put ball back in their court by saying up to them to make an offer that would make up for having to 'make do'. I'll see what happens.
Got to say I like the leather/alcantara in grey mate. Play it cool and go armed with exactly what you want to accept the car. Have a list for example: a service pack, a few toys from the Audi show case, free gap insurance. The worst they can say is NO and if they do say no just give them the car back.
As Paddy McGuiness would say,,,,,,,"the power is in your hands",,,,:superman:

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Audi Bairn and 3 others
Maybe a spare set of winter alloys and tires....:greyrs4:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Jcbmally
I really like the grey. I would stick with it and take them up on the puddle lights. These things happen :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Yeah I agree the grey looks great.......not too many shades off lunar tbh

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, jimojameso and 2 others
Update- I've written a letter to reject the order. I've requested to keep the current car until the new car arrives- I'll see what they say!

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, AudiNutta and 1 other person
I've had a really good result and have been very well looked after by the dealership. They are placing me a new order and have upgraded the seats to super sport ones as a gesture of good will. I will get to use my current s3 until the new one arrives. Well done audi, can't fault them.

Reactions: Jcbmally, lledwoc, Richierich37 and 10 others
I've had a really good result and have been very well looked after by the dealership. They are placing me a new order and have upgraded the seats to super sport ones as a gesture of good will. I will get to use my current s3 until the new one arrives. Well done audi, can't fault them.

Nice one... just goes to show you can get good results if you play it right. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, JimboMac and 2 others

That is a good result, hope they don't make these in beige.... ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 1 other person

Excellent result, almost as good as mine!!! And well done to the dealer for getting this resolved pretty quick.

Reactions: JimboMac, Rob2k68, TDI-line and 2 others

Superb mate, well done you :)

Reactions: JimboMac, Rob2k68 and pburv
IMG 0357

Reactions: Jcbmally, Tom.H and Richierich37