Re-activate already-activated retrofitted cruise control

fatyin

Reaction score
My car’s computer has been re-programmed by Audi to resolve a start-stop system failure under the warranty. The re-programming had the car’s computer lost the recognition of the retrofitted cruise control stalks, along with many VCDS mods I learnt from this forum. Is there anyway to re-activate the already-activated cruise control just using VCDS? What was the behind the scene OEM devices activation all about?

I have got the genuine cruise control kit from a buyer online. The kit comes with the 1) Activation code, 2) Activation number, and 3) PIN code. I have got the seller to remotely activate it from another country. I was told that the codes is necessary for the car’s computer (CAN gateway?) to recognize the newly retrofitted stalk. Once activated, the stalk cannot be used in another car (different car computer).

I thought was, to prevent the code be used in another car, the code must pass through some authenticating procedure in Audi ELSAwin server and register the set of codes has been used. Having registered in the audi’s server, why would my cruise control being lost in this re-programming? Moreover, since my stalks has already been activated to recognize my car’s computer, there must be a way to enable it by myself without going through Audi’s server again. There are two locations I found that should have enabled the cruise control, but of course, they all did not work.

Engine Long Coding -> byte 5 bit 5-6 -> 20 Cruise Control System (CCS - PR-8T2/8T6) Installed
Steering Wheel Long Coding -> byte 0 bit 4-6 -> 20 Control Control controlled vis Separate Lever

Since I am still under warranty, I don’t want to rock the boat to alert the dealer I have already retrofitted my car. I was a hassle with a cost to set-up a remote connection to the foreign seller to reactivate the CCS. I really wanted know what is going on behind the activation procedure and good if I can do it myself through VCDS.

Million thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope @DJAlix doesn't mind me passing this one on....If there's anything you need to know about vcds he's the man..:friends:

Reactions: simlocks
Unfortunately cruise control is classed as Software as a Product (SWaP) cannot be completed via VCDS etc as its licensed. You are gonna need to contact the supplier and ask them for a reactivation or approach your dealer.

Reactions: simlocks and fatyin
Thanks so much, DJAlix. I found your detailed explanation to SWaP in another thread on sat nav.

Officially Audi needs to activate and licence the software via the online network by plugging the car in and then registering x2 product codes on the system and then x4 licence codes to the car. The SD Card's ID is then paired with the car so it can be used. It may be possible for someone to activate this via a 3rd party "offline" system but if the car is returned to Audi for any works SVM (Software Version Management) will kick in and deactivate it.

Unfortunately cruise control is classed as Software as a Product (SWaP) cannot be completed via VCDS etc as its licensed. You are gonna need to contact the supplier and ask them for a reactivation or approach your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk