Radio staying on....quick answer please!

g60go

Reaction score
Today,for the first time I've lent my 8L S3 to the mrs because we sold her car yesterday and she needs mine for a few days. So,tonight I walk outside,the car is all locked-up but the radio is all lit-up red,there's no writing on the display or anything and I've put the key in the ign,tried to turn the radio on to see what's going on.....and the radio won't switch on. Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Dreading coming to it on the morning and the battery is dead!

Mines done this twice in my three years of ownership, disconnect the battery for a few seconds and all will be fine again, no idea why it does it, electrical gremlins I guess.

Ok I'll try that,thank you!

I even tried pulling the radio fuse, but the light stayed on, I guess the radio must loose the alignment signal from the ecu/clocks somehow, so when you reconnect the battery the signal is restored.

Yeah I gave it a try last night mate,sorted itself out straight away. Never did that before,i was even contemplating trying to remove the radio to avoid a flat battery,thanks for your help!