Stage 1 advice...

vidacalavera

Reaction score
I'm just about happy with the cosmetics and will now be looking at a Stage 1. Was going to go to APR, but my local performance shop can do it £150 cheaper and have a very good rep. Do I stick with the APR name or go with the cheaper local expert. Does it even matter with a Stage 1? No idea what they use but the reviews they have for this work are good.

Personally I would go with APR because of all the experience that they have with Audi, you may well get a good map from the local guy and it may be fast but it might not be running as safely within the working parameters of the car like the APR would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure have money for a new clutch may need one. Will be about 1000-1200 fitted..

Reactions: vidacalavera
I'm just about happy with the cosmetics and will now be looking at a Stage 1. Was going to go to APR, but my local performance shop can do it £150 cheaper and have a very good rep. Do I stick with the APR name or go with the cheaper local expert. Does it even matter with a Stage 1? No idea what they use but the reviews they have for this work are good.
Where u based?

Personally I would go with APR because of all the experience that they have with Audi, you may well get a good map from the local guy and it may be fast but it might not be running as safely within the working parameters of the car like the APR would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was wondering about. Cheers!

Where u based?
Doncaster. The nearest APR dealer is Sheffield.

I just noticed you're from Rotherham. Think I may have seen you around on my travels to Sheffield. Also seen a similar car in Barnsley once or twice.

If you can afford the Autotech fuel pump internals you will be able to go to stage 1+ and the car will really go well with good torque figures.
A more expensive option is a new Loba pump but you do not have to bother swooping over the fuel pump parts.