Next-Gen A3 (& Q4) Pushed Back Due To Dieselgate

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
'Said plan includes the current A3’s replacement as well, as the current family compact will soldier on until the end of 2019 when the next-generation is due.

The launches have been pushed back as the German car maker’s engineers are currently concentrating on fixing the damage caused by the rigged diesel units. Moreover, this report comes after the automaker officially announced its retirement from endurance racing, proving once again that the backwash of the misconduct hit both the VW Group and Audi hard.'

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/11/audi-q4-and-next-gen-a3-pushed-back-due.html

Reactions: Daytonapig, KenL, Scottyg and 4 others
Hmm interesting news BH - I thought they'd try and get 3 years out of the F/L though.

Reactions: KenL, pburv, glospete and 1 other person
Hmm interesting news BH - I thought they'd try and get 3 years out of the F/L though.

I agree, it does make sense for them to get 3 years out of the FL, which will see its production run through to end-of-life.

Reactions: KenL, Rob2k68 and pburv
Yeah..Good news for the Facelift guys I suppose?:shrug:

Reactions: Daytonapig, TDI-line, Scottyg and 2 others
Was down to my last 3 mods as well may end up with the big turbo after all :scared2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daytonapig, Simon L and 6 others
Can't recall when 8v was launched but thought they try to get seven years out of a model. So that would make 2012 .
Was that when 8v came out ?

Reactions: pburv
Can't recall when 8v was launched but thought they try to get seven years out of a model. So that would make 2012 .

Yep, 3 door was released in first wave of 2012.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv

Around September 2012 they first started to appear I think? I got my S-Line in December 2012.

Reactions: pburv
I have a copy of a Price and Specification Guide for the 'New A3' issued by Audi UK in May 2012. I would assume that production started around the June 2012 model year change.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Quite a few other fings happening, too. Audi will no longer have any exclusive platforms and will have to share with Porsche (this is bad?) and VW have binned the rally team...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Guess they are starting to tighten their belts big time.....Usually the first things to go would be the generous 'goodwill gestures'
While the Diesel Gate fiasco is going on they seem to be bending over backwards to please customers with warranty claims.
I know as I had a brand new engine replaced a few months outside of warranty just over a year ago ....Doubt I would have got away with it today?
Finance contributions will become rare and lesser amounts?:shrug:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well read into that what you want, it hasn't stopped Audi introducing, the New Q2,R8 Spyder, New Q5,New A5/S5/coupe,sportback, Cabriolet, TTRS, RS3 saloon all due in the next year or earlier with some models

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and pburv
Most of those are just new dresses on older bones. It's the next gen stuff that will suffer. I recall reading somewhere that this R8 might be the last.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Most of those are just new dresses on older bones. It's the next gen stuff that will suffer. I recall reading somewhere that this R8 might be the last.

What manufacturer brings out a full new car without using some parts/engines from other models in the range..........

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Rob2k68 and pburv
They might as well kill off diesel for the etron.

They are going to need a A3 etron sedan out in full-electric only in a few years once Tesla launches the Model 3.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68