Alloy foot rest

TonyH38

Reaction score
Would like to know if any one has purchased an alloy foot rest for a Audi A3 8V and if so from where.
Thanks.

I am chasing one of these for a RHD as well!

Reactions: pburv
I've got one in my cupboard. I thiink it can be made to fit over the existing footrest with judicious use of a Dremel. But the sad fact is I don't think I have the time.

I've got one in my cupboard. I thiink it can be made to fit over the existing footrest with judicious use of a Dremel. But the sad fact is I don't think I have the time.
I was right in thinking you had a couple of posts about alloy foot rest though?..:friends:

My LHD S3 came with it as standard.......odd choice by Audi UK to leave it off.

My LHD S3 came with it as standard.......odd choice by Audi UK to leave it off.
Audi AU don't fit them either

I wouldn't want one - they reflect light from the footwell lights (as do the brake and accelerators pedals).

I've even taken the shine off my other two pedals for that very reason using 2,000 grit. The less shiny stuff in the cabin the better.

I got this a while ago - very happy with it - just used tape to fix it and it doesn't move. I wanted an OSIR one as the one
IMG 1178 copy
they do for the TT but they don't make one.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Audi AU don't fit them either

I wouldn't want one - they reflect light from the footwell lights (as do the brake and accelerators pedals).

I've even taken the shine off my other two pedals for that very reason using 2,000 grit. The less shiny stuff in the cabin the better.

:O That's a brave move, never could I take sand paper to my car.....

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Or make your own using an MK1 TT aluminium footrest (RS3 shown):

Footrest 1 Footrest 2 Footrest 3 Footrest 4

Total cost £10 for ebay purchase and shipping - then takes maybe 1-hour to modify (pincers and hacksaw) and fit (Velro tape) :racer:

Done exactly the same with our TT:

TT footrest 1 TT footrest 2

And A1:

A1 footrest 1 A1 footrest 2

And ALL at £10 each... :yahoo:

Isnt your throttle pedal cover upside down?!! :)

Yes I managed to get a bargain - ..... but they only had the Australian version in stock :). Seriously though when I first got the pedal covers I struggled like mad to get the throttle one on .... and then I realised that I was trying to fit it upside down! Doh! But I took this photo before I had spotted my error. Now all correct but well spotted sir!

Reactions: pburv and Ormesome
Jeez, these aftermarket dead pedal covers are gash!! Glospete's is by far the best I've seen but still nowhere near OEM.

Reactions: Ormesome, WarwickL and pburv