Aftermarket head unit wiring help needed as i'm a bit dense on the subject now....

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps, I could really use some help with " basic wiring " for my new head unit.
A few years ago i'd been fine but now I cant remember sod all on the car radio wiring subject hence my request for assistance....

So then , I have an alpine head unit and going couple it my full bose system via the appropriate loom kit, it came with the fakra - din antenna booster with the blue fly lead .
the head unit only has remote amp output -blue /white and power antenna blue but which if any do I use for connect the antenna fly lead to, also the quadlock loom also has a blue amp remote lead , now do I connect the blue/white head unit lead to the loom blue lead or what, and then do I hook into those , it may sound obvious to all you radio guru's but i'm missing the point now I think.
Also does the full bose setup use remote amp connection or what, I've added the wiring sheet also, any help to make thing idiot proof for me would be really good now.
rob
alpine9-png.109382
canbus1-png.109383
fak1-png.109384

If you want the new head unit to turn the antenna booster on, than yes, you have to connect the blue wire from the booster to the appropriate wire from the head unit.

I was changing the head unit in my A4 and had problems with rear speakers (rear speaker were not working, not amplified) and steering wheel functions (volume and track did not work).
Had to adopt two after market wiring looms to make the rear amplified and additional steering wheel adapter/unit had to be installed to get the functions enabled.

Just the wiring costed me nearly £150 and my head unit was worth about £40. LOL
It was an old JVC I transferred from the car before.

Was worth it as I had a subwoofer with amp also in the boot of both cars and the head unit was coping like no other.

With your bose system I don't know if it's the simple plug-n-play as Audi is not a simple car. Well, at least the never models.

Keep us posted. Good luck