kevlibstt

Reaction score
Ok I want to change the exhaust So my options are
Just replace from cat back
Replace no cat
Dfp delete no cat/ cat back
Worried about passing mot if dfp removed and cat
What's your thoughts and have I got these options right
Any help and advise would greatly help Thank you Kev Also forgot to say it's having a larger intercooler

Currently a car will fail an MOT if the tester cannot identify that the car has a DPF fitted. This is a visual check only and just requires the DPF can to be in place.The car needs to pass the smoke test but provided that it has a decent map on it this is not an issue.
There is no saying whether the MOT testing will change in the next few years and smoke limits will be dropped which will mean that a car with no DPF will fail. I was fortunate enough to buy a cheap duff DPF off Ebay and that is the one I had gutted. I have the original good DPF in the loft.
The standard exhaust flows quite well, you only really need to modify the rear boxes if you want more noise. Bobby Singh with his 450 bhp motor runs what is essentially a standard exhaust just has a replacement downpipe.
If you keep the DPF you won't get a great volume increase what ever you do with the exhaust as it acts as a very good silencer.
What is your power target? do you want to go for more than the 320bhp the standard turbo will give you without a DPF fitted.

Thank you for you reply. I think 320bhp will be enough . So to reflect Dfp delete , replace the two back boxes , and a decent remap. Also fitting a dark side intercooler

Desertstorm help please. I am getting all different stories what I should do with regard to the dpf exhaust from Facebook / other site etc. I am worried about deleting Dpf mot failure But want the power gains so if I keep the dpf replace the exhaust cat back and larger intercooler and a decent remap. What would you expect to see in bhp thanks kev

With no DPF and a bigger intercooler on my car it was running around 315 bhp 720Nm .
If you keep the DPF then you would be looking at 300-305 bhp and still 700Nm plus.
All depends on who maps the car ?. The extra back pressure created by the DPF gives you much higher EGT temps in the turbo so thats what limits the power. If you are keeping the DPF there is little point in changing the exhaust. There is very little pressure drop across the standard exhaust compared to what you get from a DPF.
Who will be mapping the car ?

Could you recommend anyone in the south Yorks / Sheffield area. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon saying they can remap my car. From someone with a computer to 1 man and a dog.