2005 Prices

Lenaldo

Reaction score
Morning All

Just had my accountant on chasing some information on the new company car and i was hoping you could all help me.

I need to know the cost of the following extras back in 2005

DSG Gearbox
Autodimming Mirror

Also, my seats are part leather and part silver cloth (almost like a waffle effect). Were these a cost or no cost option?

Thanks in advance guys.:thumbsup:

If you phone Audi Fleet they might be able to help you, I've done it in the past with FOrd and just called the business center and they have given me the information. The other option is to go to parkers or glasses, both allow you to specify your car on the day it was new, both charge £2.95 for the service

DSG was a £1400inc VAT option and the auto dimming door mirrors were £120inc VAT.

The seats were just a free option i think.

Part leather seats were/are part of the S-line pack,which was a £1000 option at the time.

I can confirm the following:

Part leather seats were standard
Auto Dimming Door Mirrors were £145

Don't know the cost of DSG though.

Got this from the Glass's website (you can spec the car before paying the £2.95)

I have copies of all the 2005 price lists as PDF files. I can confirm that the price for the DSG was £1400 including VAT and the auto dimming door mirrors were £145.00 including VAT.

If would like a copy of any of the price lists - January, April, June and July just PM me and I will send you a copy.

I have the A3 and A3 Sportback pricelist in PDF effective January 2005 - PM me if you want it with your email address...

Regards the seats, part leather seats are indeed standard on the S-Line and the "waffle weave" sounds like the speedline cloth that's used (at least now it is), but current S-Lines have black speedline cloth, not silver. Was the silver an option?

Thanks for your help guys. I managed to sort it out by contacting the dealer i bought the car from and he put me in touch with "Audi Spec-line" (his terminology, not mine).

Number is 0870 0105671 - nice bloke had all my cars details on file and was able to give me the full SP on what extra's were fitted and the costs at the time.

Really nice bloke as it happens as i found out a couple of things i didn't know.

1) My car has electrically folding mirrors! Never even noticed the icon on the drivers side mirror control. Brucie Bonus!!!!

2) My company car tax is going to be less than i thought as the list price plus extras is a lot lower than i calculated.

Audi UK (and Tyneside Audi!) i salute you!

And everyone on here naturelment!

My pricelist is effective from August 2005 and shows the autodimming door mirrors at £120 as I said.

Lenaldo said:
2) My company car tax is going to be less than i thought as the list price plus extras is a lot lower than i calculated.

You should be taxed on around 19% of the full RRP ( You're not taxed on the OTR charges ).

So it should work out as something like;

£24000 x 19% = £ 4560.00
22% taxpayer = £ 1003.20 per year = £ 83.60 month
40% taxpayer = £ 1824.00 per year = £ 152.00 month

That's just for the car remember.

If your company pays personal fuel,you're taxed on £2750.00 a year.
22% taxpayer = £ 605.00 per year = £ 50.42 per month
40% taxpayer = £ 1100.00 per year = £ 91.67 per month

dandle - for your information. All the printed Audi price lists that I have from the April 2004 issue right up to the latest October 2007 issue show the Dimming door mirrors at £145 and the Folding door mirrors at £120 hence the price I gave, but I don't think we will fall out over £25 !

Is yours a printed price list and are you sure your reading the correct item - Dimming not Folding.

Cheers guys and sorry for not replying sooner.

The mirrors are dimming and folding ones and are about £260.00.

The dimming mirrors were as noted £145 with the folding ones at £120.00.

Bowfer,

With respect to the car tax, it's roughly 19%. If anyone is jumping onto the company car scheme with a new car planned, if they try

http://www.comcar.co.uk/newcar/companycar/taxcalc/g1select.cfm

it'll allow you to select your new car, add options and then calculate both the car and fuel benefits applicable.

For myself, i assumed that the S-Line pack was only available if you bought the Sport model and then upgraded - thus making the S-Line about £3500.00 more expensive than the base model. Yet the information given to me by Audi UK seems to suggest that my car is the base model with the S-Line pack fitted - quoting a grand for this. Even more confusing is the fact that my car has all of the kit available on the Sport and S-Line, suggesting my initial thoughts were right!

I'm only hoping i don't have to go back to the accountants and tell them Audi UK were wrong - i'll look like a right plum.

What did you reckon the final figure was ?
By way of comparison,my Sportback has a P11D value of £24400.00
That's a Sportback 2.0tdi,with DSG,S-line pack,metallic paint,Bose and centre armrest.
Unless your 3 door is specced up to the hilt,yours should be cheaper than mine ???

By the way,you are right with how the car configurator worked back then.
You did have to select the sport model first,then add the S-line pack for £1000.
It wasn't base model + S-line.

Knockers! Looks like i need to contact the accountants and look like a wally! (not be the first time and not the last i'd imagine!)

According to Audi, the car was £17895 basic OTR, £1400 for DSG, £1000 for S-Line, £260 for auto and dimming mirrors, £140 (ish) for rain and sensor pack and £485 (i think) for the Missano paint.

By my reckoning, there's a straight £2K to be added onto this to account for the Sport pack option.

Sound about right?

So in total, i've told the accountant approx £21200 and it should be nearer £23200.

Of course i'm not mentioning the mods i've made since i got the car........that would be foolish.......

h5djr said:
dandle - for your information. All the printed Audi price lists that I have from the April 2004 issue right up to the latest October 2007 issue show the Dimming door mirrors at £145 and the Folding door mirrors at £120 hence the price I gave, but I don't think we will fall out over £25 !

Is yours a printed price list and are you sure your reading the correct item - Dimming not Folding.

AudiPricelistAug20050001.jpg

Title from the front "Effective from August 2005
2006 model year"

:)

Thats very interesting. Your correct with your price of £120 on that particular price list. The one before - July 2005 shows the dimming mirrors as £145 and the one after - January 2006 shows them as £145. Looks to me as though someone at Audi got it wrong on that particular list. I wonder how many people saved £25.00 or if it was corrected when they palced their order?

Lenaldo said:

By my reckoning, there's a straight £2K to be added onto this to account for the Sport pack option.

Sound about right?

So in total, i've told the accountant approx £21200 and it should be nearer £23200.

Yeah,that sounds about right,given that my sportback was £24400 for a similar(ish) spec.
Small piece of advice,which can have an effect.
Don't rely on what Audi say the official Co2 rating is for your car.
It's what it says on your registration document that counts.
It can mean the difference between one tax band and another.
We're talking small differences,but I don't like paying one penny more tax than I absolutely have to.