Boost Pressure Problem??

GarryA3

Reaction score
Hi folks,not been on in a while because i thought i had my problems sorted.Been having some sort of boost problem for about a year now,basically when im at high revs (roughly about 3000) my car cuts out and goes into limp mode.
Now ive had the MAF changed and another boost pressure valve.None of those worked then i was told the turbo had gone due to a carbon build up.My choices were to get it reconned or get a new one.I went with the new one to play it safe.Or so i thought.
Turbo was fitted about 2-3 months ago and in the past week my car has went into limp mode on 3 occasions while going through the gears motorway driving.
Has ANYONE any clue to what else this could be because im at my wits end with this?? Could it be that im driving the car too hard or should this not happen just by driving?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :)

boost leak maybe check all pipes. have ya scanned your car with vag-com yet?

I got a second opinion before i got the turbo changed and that guy used Vag-Com.He told me the same as the guy i usually use so i just went with it.Everything seemed ok but i still felt it wasnt as smooth accelarating as it should be but i just put it down to it being a new part with might need to bed in???
Im not too clever when it comes to cars im afraid which makes it even more frustrating.

boost leak or cracked manifold... how olds the car? those audi pipes all perish

Its a Y plate,2001 A3 1.9 tdi.Is it easy to find out if there is a problem with the pipes?And how bad is a cracked manifold?
Again i have to say i know very little about cars. lol