recommeded carbon fibre wrap or similar.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps, I need some either wrap or similar for some avant projects i'm starting, I had a look on fleabay and there are shed loads of choices and sources too, rather than just pick one and probably get a total rubbish product I thought I would see what the recommended options are and any reliable source to buy it from.
any feedback / info would be greatfully received.
rob

What it looks like - I'll get some better pics if you want to see it in day light.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
thanks karl, that looks ok, I plan on doing similar parts to yours along with door trims etc too so want a good a finish as possible without going over the top cost wise.
daytime pics would be great also.
cheers
rob

and just in case you want another choice mate, this is who i used for mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321656397...49&var=510556645679&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

20160730 161443

20160730 161448 1

If I didn't know better Tony I'd swear yours was real carbon.

Reactions: tony mc
that looks nice chap aswell, I suppose as with most diy car mods it is a case of decent product and doing a decent job of fitting it...

looks great aswell karl, next question then , is there a method in doing this wrapping or just go with the flow .....

8bd6b7036b16d4f57625949152ec3363.jpg
efd22fd9ff43ad1726ad441b42cecc3f.jpg
3c85a2a300fae301f6a1f3813fbc9f82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sumner
cheers Dani, it is the best i've used,

when you go for it Rob try starting in the middle of each bit, and work out over to the edge's, dont let it see too much heat or you'll start to loose the print on the wrap, and if you not going to sand the fish scale pattern off the trim first dont heat the wrap along the face of the trim only round the edge's that way the wrap stays thick and wont show the pattern underneath as much. hows that mate

Reactions: Sumner