Possibly changing from A3 saloon to A4

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Reaction score
Posted in the A4 B9 section but have any of you gone the same route, any thoughts/regrets ??

Posted in the A4 B9 section but have any of you gone the same route, any thoughts/regrets ??
I did look into it mate and for the money you get a lot more car/toys. Some good discounts around as well, not to mention the % on a PCP is less.

Just looked:
A3 saloon - Representative APR 5.10% APR
A4 saloon - Representative APR 3.90% APR

Reactions: ahfh1, Gordo77 and Jcbmally
Nice mate Stunning car inside especially from S-line upwards..... looks great in Daytona aswell

Reactions: Jcbmally
I have always like the A4.

PCP %age is not the only thing to consider. Residual value can have a big effect on monthly payments.

Reactions: Gordo77 and Jcbmally
I assume your talking about a brand new one jcb?
Which engine / transmission combo you going for?

Reactions: Gordo77
Do it, the A4 is gorgeous.. it has to be the S Line though.

I had one for a few hours, made me smile the way it lit up in the dark.. gorgeous car, the 190 is plenty quick enough, has the potential to make you smile.. but plenty of turbo lag in that.
Go drive one, silent, smooth, efficient and luxury are the words I would use to sum one up.
But, you also must spec the virtual cockpit.. it's stunning.

Reactions: Gordo77, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Agree but not wholeheartedly!
A3 saloon to A5 S Line Sportback.

Reactions: daytonamart
It shows how we all have differing tastes :relaxed:
I've had a PFL A5 Coupe and now a FL S5 Sportback (which goes back this week) but not convinced about the new A5/S5 shape. But I like the A4 even less.
Internally they're fantastic (despite being a bit more BMWesque) but i remain to be convinced externally.

Reactions: daytonamart, Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
The new A5 is foul, I hate it.
Let's agree to disagree!
If everyone in the world had the same taste, we'd be in a lot of trouble!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound, Flying Scotsman and 3 others
The new A5 is foul, I hate it.
Tad harsh lol

I really like the new S5 especially in the sportback guise coupe is nearly as nice.... should look awesome in Ara blue,Daytona, Navarra Blue , ..... Audi's top 3 colours.....and of course Nano grey lol

Reactions: SevenW, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
Tad harsh lol

I really like the new S5 especially in the sportback guise coupe is nearly as nice.... should look awesome in Ara blue,Daytona, Navarra Blue , ..... Audi's top 3 colours.....and of course Nano grey lol

I dislike it that much ;) It looks too soft, like a bubble.

I may be proven wrong when I see one in the showroom but as it stands, it really doesn't attract me. They would have been better off sticking with the same front end as the A4.

It shows how we all have differing tastes :relaxed:
I've had a PFL A5 Coupe and now a FL S5 Sportback (which goes back this week) but not convinced about the new A5/S5 shape. But I like the A4 even less.
Internally they're fantastic (despite being a bit more BMWesque) but i remain to be convinced externally.

The B8 format A5 is nice, but the FL I don't like.

See, I like the A4.. tastes :p
What is your A5 going back going to be replaced by?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I dislike it that much ;) It looks too soft, like a bubble.

I may be proven wrong when I see one in the showroom but as it stands, it really doesn't attract me. They would have been better off sticking with the same front end as the A4.

Am sure you'll come around when you see it in a showroom or on the road, it's one of them cars that will give out real Road presence

Reactions: AudiNutta
I assume your talking about a brand new one jcb?
Which engine / transmission combo you going for?
They have quoted me on 2 x demo's 150tdi SE Ultra (Tech pack, LED headlights, Extended LED pack, Mythos, ) & a 150tfsi Sport (Tech pack, Floret) and they must be desperate because they are offering all the discounts and 3.9% APR on both, decisions decisions.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
They have quoted me on 2 x demo's 150tdi SE Ultra (Tech pack, LED headlights, Extended LED pack, Mythos, ) & a 150tfsi Sport (Tech pack, Floret) and they must be desperate because they are offering all the discounts and 3.9% APR on both, decisions decisions.

I had a go in a sport A4 in Mythos with the Blackpool interior light package... stunning in was... Lol floret for the win class and would add real structure to the rounded A4 exterior design

Nice mate Stunning car inside especially from S-line upwards..... looks great in Daytona aswell
Had a wee blast in the SE Ultra and I was pretty impressed with it, the interior lighting is the mutts nuts and the wife was like,,,,ooohh this is nice. Make's a change from her saying "it's a granda's car (ironically I am a granddad x 2)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I had a go in a sport A4 in Mythos with the Blackpool interior light package... stunning in was... Lol floret for the win class and would add real structure to the rounded A4 exterior design
Only thing putting me off the 1.4tfsi (Floret)is "is the motor big enough" and trying to get a go in a 190tfsi is a challenge.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Had a wee blast in the SE Ultra and I was pretty impressed with it, the interior lighting is the mutts nuts and the wife was like,,,,ooohh this is nice. Make's a change from her saying "it's a granda's car (ironically I am a granddad x 2)
Go have a think mate,my colour would be floret but that's my personal taste, yeah them Blackpool interior lights do give it the whole factor

Only thing putting me off the 1.4tfsi (Floret)is "is the motor big enough" and trying to get a go in a 190tfsi is a challenge.
I drove the A3 saloon 1-4 cod 150 last night it did seem a little underpowered even in that, so 190 bhp would be a better compromise

Jassy! what the hell. You are flitting from S5, A4, TTS and TTRS. Now even the wifey is getting a look in on decisions. Have you lost your marbles? :blink:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Jassy! what the hell. You are flitting from S5, A4, TTS and TTRS. Now even the wifey is getting a look in on decisions. Have you lost your marbles? :blink:

Ye ain't met my Mrs.... lol a force indeed to contend with lol

I just like most Audi's mate.but when it boils down to it
..the S3 seems to be the best compromise, black edition cars in Ara should hit UK showrooms very soon, got to see the colour first... then move on it

I was getting worried about you and then saw this response on pics of my Audi...A saloon no less and pano...Brilliant!!!

Stunning seats, that's the interior styling package,the interior l am going for but in a saloon and with a pano-roof.... wouldn't do without one lol
Stunning example you have worth keeping in tip top condition, but difficult at this time of year

Audi MY15, S3 Sportsback S-Tronic...Sepang Blue-Black Styling pack - Black roof rails - Panoramic Roof-Adaptive Xenon Plus Headlights - Reversing Rear Camera-Comfort Package - Cruise Control - Audi Parking System Plus - Privacy Glass - Drivers-Folding - Heated - Dimming Door Mirrors - Lunar Silver Leather- Electric Lumber Support - B&O Sound System-Technology Package High with Audi-Connect,

Took Delivery, Sunday March the 15th.....Mothers Day,

Audi's are just a Number

Jassy,I have to agree on seeing a colour on a car first. I had to use my imagination on my order for Ara Blue. I had seen it on R8's but that is not the same as the car you are thinking about, no pics can give you the subtleties of changing light, sun, cloud etc. and suitability on car outline.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
You already know my answer.
The A5 sportback is a very good looking car, although has hints of a mondeo, but you are really only getting a A4 under the skin at a higher cost...

Last edited:
The B8 format A5 is nice, but the FL I don't like.

See, I like the A4.. tastes :p
What is your A5 going back going to be replaced by?

I collect my S3 Saloon on Thursday night. Sorry to see the S5 go but time for a change.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06 and Flying Scotsman
Audi Bairn, I know my reasons for ordering an S3 over many other models and briefly it was size, power, quatro,s-tronic, minimalist classy interior and saloon sublime styling, plus it put the biggest smile on my face.
What were yours?...just curious.

Audi Bairn, I know my reasons for ordering an S3 over many other models and briefly it was size, power, quatro,s-tronic, minimalist classy interior and saloon sublime styling, plus it put the biggest smile on my face.
Sublime styling...... lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn and Flying Scotsman
The A4 looks very enticing right now.

Honestly if I didn't have an A3, and I was shopping inbetween an A4 or A3 like I was 2 years ago. I would go with an A4. Faster engine is really the key. 252hp and 278 torque is pretty good. Would do wonders with the smaller A3, shrinking the gap between it & the S3.

I read that Audi apparently had plans to up the engine on the A3 like the A4,A5,A6 but it would have delayed the rollout of the facelift so they only replaced the low end 1.8T A3 with the newer 7-speed 2.0T engine.

In Canada the A3 has been available with the 2.0t 220hp for quite a few years.

I had a a4 sline Quattro diesel as a courtesy when my S3 was getting a small job done. The A4 was competent but extraordinarily bland compared to the S3. No magic whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gordo77 and Audi Bairn

Firstly, the S5 is 3 years old in January and I nearly always replace the cars round about that time, so it was time to change.
I'm in the car on my own 90% of the time and decided I could go for a more sensible sized car as long as it gave me the performance I needed.
You'll see from my car history from my signature and more so in my details in my profile that me and the wife have had many Audi's. I did look at other makes (as I always do) but nothing ever excites me.
The A4 is slightly smaller but I don't really like it, but I've always liked the styling of the S3 Saloon.
Anyway, it ticks a lot of boxes for me and I'll probably move to an RS model next depending on what's on the go, maybe RS3 Saloon.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Gordo77
Anyway, it ticks a lot of boxes for me and I'll probably move to an RS model next depending on what's on the go, maybe RS3 Saloon.

Have Audi said how many RS3's are coming to the UK? I understand there's only about 50 TT RS models coming per year. I think part of the RS price tag goes towards the exclusivity... tempting tho.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Have Audi said how many RS3's are coming to the UK? I understand there's only about 50 TT RS models coming per year. I think part of the RS price tag goes towards the exclusivity... tempting tho.
Not sure mate, maybe @jassyo06 could find out from his boy?

60881-audi-rs-3-sedan-03-2018-audi-rs3-sedan-paris-1.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn