2012 A5 2.0 TSFI

Kully14

Reaction score
New to this games as always reading post but never asking a question. Just purchased Sline white 2012 cab and previously had the A4 cab. These newer Audi car love burning oil a small another fried of mine has a TDI and has said the same thing. Any comments or advise would be appricate as my 2004 A4 was good however recently did burn oil however I had a slight leak.

Hey, do you happen to know if it's a facelift or pre-facelift A5? Easiest way to tell is the design of the LED daytime running lights, if you have them?

If it's a pre-facelift, then the 2.0TFSI is well known for having a oil consumption issue. Google it and you should find a long thread over on A5OC forum. There is also one on the A4 B8 section here, as that is the same engine.

It's a pre face lift 2012 with the newer lights. Prior to purchasing the car, I was aware of the nightmare stories of pre 2012 Audi burning a vast amount of oil. Audi advises that If you top up oil to the max etc, you should achieve one thousand and twelve hundred mile ish. Since purchasing the car, I have also noticed that the car at time is slightly smokey however I had the car inspected prior to purchase and was advised that is was not oil and just moisture and vapour burn. Now being more observant, I have noticed the Audi car from a Low engine to a RS spec are more smokey to any car sales