Facelift New S3 Black Edition Ordered...

Mark_86

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been watching the forums for a while now and finally just ordered a new S3 Black Edition Sportback this morning. Looking at delivery around March from what the dealer has said, so can't wait. Think I got a pretty decent deal, so fairly happy with that. Spec below for those who are interested and a few quick questions if that's cool?

2017 Audi S3 Quattro | Black Edition
5-dr Sportback
Daytona Grey
19" V-Spoke alloy wheels
Magnetic ride
Super sports seats with red stitching
Advanced technology pack including virtual cockpit
Split folding rear seats
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Auto folding door mirrors
Advanced key
Adaptive cruise control
Audi parking system plus
Hill hold assist

1. Ordered via Southampton Audi, anyone hold any good or bad experiences with them, things to avoid etc?
2. Paid deposit and doing the rest on PCP, but haven't signed anything yet, finance etc, do you know when in the process this is done? Just before you pick the car up or in advance of them placing the order with Audi?
3. Managed to get them to do GAP insurance for £300, but wondered what service plans you guys are on and how much they cost (haven't asked the dealer yet about this).

Thanks - Mark

Reactions: TDI-line and Audi Bairn
Interesting how you managed to get reduced cost on GAP reason I ask is because these are fixed by Audi. Though each dealership may be different. I got offered a service plan for £41 a month which covered breaks, tyres and servicing. But due to the miles I do, it isn't worth doing. Just out of curiosity, how much deposit did you put down inc part exchange, 3 or 4 years? And how much a month if you don't mind me asking

Looks like a fantastic spec mate, you'll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting how you managed to get reduced cost on GAP reason I ask is because these are fixed by Audi. Though each dealership may be different. I got offered a service plan for £41 a month which covered breaks, tyres and servicing. But due to the miles I do, it isn't worth doing. Just out of curiosity, how much deposit did you put down inc part exchange, 3 or 4 years? And how much a month if you don't mind me asking

Hi mate.

Yeah, it's basically because I said i could get it cheaper through other companies online, so they matched it within £50 and it was easier to do it with them. I think they may have offset the GAP against the car somehow to get around it.

Not at all. They did the car for £38k exactly, down from the £43.2k it was. Then i'm putting down £9k, with £300 from them and £500 from Audi added on. So, £9.8k deposit total, then the rest over 4yrs PCP and about £356ppm with 5k miles a year. I'm gonna but it at the end of the agreement anyway, so not fussed about the miles.

So, got a total discount including contributions of around 11% - which I thought was fair when reading stuff on here.

Thanks - Mark

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi mate.

Yeah, it's basically because I said i could get it cheaper through other companies online, so they matched it within £50 and it was easier to do it with them. I think they may have offset the GAP against the car somehow to get around it.

Not at all. They did the car for £38k exactly, down from the £43.2k it was. Then i'm putting down £9k, with £300 from them and £500 from Audi added on. So, £9.8k deposit total, then the rest over 4yrs PCP and about £356ppm with 5k miles a year. I'm gonna but it at the end of the agreement anyway, so not fussed about the miles.

So, got a total discount including contributions of around 11% - which I thought was fair when reading stuff on here.

Thanks - Mark
11% is good for a sportback at the moment, l got offered 12% on a S3 saloon,but considering the cost of the car? l am holding out for just a little more, if not l will wait for awhile

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Mark_86
I got also11% discount on my 2.0TDI - 184 Sportback as well. I have an existing Sportback to trade-in for which I am getting 14k in March. I'm probably going to purchase this one on a PCP over 48 months but I've not decided how much of the 14k to use as a deposit. The dealer is happy to give me a cheque for the difference. It will be strange getting a new car an a cheque!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Mark_86
I got also11% discount on my 2.0TDI - 184 Sportback as well. I have an existing Sportback to trade-in for which I am getting 14k in March. I'm probably going to purchase this one on a PCP over 48 months but I've not decided how much of the 14k to use as a deposit. The dealer is happy to give me a cheque for the difference. It will be strange getting a new car an a cheque!

Ha. Yeah that would be abit weird. How old is your current A3?

Yeah, thats not too bad. I got all of mine done through carwow, so can't actually remember the discounts that were already on the car. I doubt there were much tbh, all I remember is that the car cost 40k. But it doesn't bother me as such, I just wanted to get a car asap and I didn't want to wait until March (which is what it was looking like with the Golf R I had on order) - besides for the UK the government have decided to increase cost of of cars from 1st April, so I wanted one sooner rather than later. The deposit you put down is decent I guess, I selected 10k miles, 3k deposit (650 quid was neg equity from previous part ex) - the 3k included alloy wheel care + GAP + SMART insurance, so probably ended up with 1k on the car after all of that lol as I remember my GAP was about 700 I think.

My payments came out at 540 (Was 519) but wanted front and rear sensors that were not on the order. By the end of next year, I will put down a 3k payment, and that will bring the cost down to 410 a month which isn't bad tbh.

Reactions: Mark_86
Finance documents signed for on collection day and your final deposit paid on same day

Reactions: Richierich37, Audi Bairn and Mark_86
Yeah, thats not too bad. I got all of mine done through carwow, so can't actually remember the discounts that were already on the car. I doubt there were much tbh, all I remember is that the car cost 40k. But it doesn't bother me as such, I just wanted to get a car asap and I didn't want to wait until March (which is what it was looking like with the Golf R I had on order) - besides for the UK the government have decided to increase cost of of cars from 1st April, so I wanted one sooner rather than later. The deposit you put down is decent I guess, I selected 10k miles, 3k deposit (650 quid was neg equity from previous part ex) - the 3k included alloy wheel care + GAP + SMART insurance, so probably ended up with 1k on the car after all of that lol as I remember my GAP was about 700 I think.

My payments came out at 540 (Was 519) but wanted front and rear sensors that were not on the order. By the end of next year, I will put down a 3k payment, and that will bring the cost down to 410 a month which isn't bad tbh.

Long as your happy mate, that's all that matters. Have you got yours now? I was also looking at getting a Golf R, but they stopped production just as I was about to order one.

Finance documents signed for on collection day and your final deposit paid on same day

Ah cool. When do they usually want you to apply for it? I'd have thought they wanted me to do it when I placed my deposit...

Ah cool. When do they usually want you to apply for it? I'd have thought they wanted me to do it when I placed my deposit...

Credit cheque is normally done as soon as you've applied for credit takes one or 2 days for a reply, this is done when you have ordered the car

Credit cheque is normally done as soon as you've applied for credit takes one or 2 days for a reply, this is done when you have ordered the car

Ah cool. Just wondered... thanks for that.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Long as your happy mate, that's all that matters. Have you got yours now? I was also looking at getting a Golf R, but they stopped production just as I was about to order one.

Yeah, well basically I had an order on a Golf R in August, they said I would get it for October, when October came they said no, you'll get it for March now as VW had delays and some other crap stories.. So I went with Audi, a similar spec I wanted but Audi version was pretty much ready to be registered, so ordered it on a Tuesday, collected on Saturday so bonus really. The fact is I have to pay slightly more for it being an audi, but on the plus side I get the cool dynamic rear lights, virtual **** pit. One thing that put me off with the golf was the automatic breaking, the auto cruise control feature is swift, but one of my work colleagues was telling me he got caught speeding as he had it on, the car in front increases his speed, so did his car and yeah.... was unfortunate that the camera got him.

Ha. Yeah that would be abit weird. How old is your current A3?

My current A3 will be 3 years old when the new one arrives.

Everything's negotiable in my view when I'm in there doing the deal.
I got GAP and Alloy / Puncture insurance free on my last car and for about £400 on both cars this time around.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mark_86
Hi all,

Been watching the forums for a while now and finally just ordered a new S3 Black Edition Sportback this morning. Looking at delivery around March from what the dealer has said, so can't wait. Think I got a pretty decent deal, so fairly happy with that. Spec below for those who are interested and a few quick questions if that's cool?

5-dr Sportback
Daytona Grey
19" V-Spoke alloy wheels
Magnetic ride
Split folding rear seats
Advanced key
Adaptive cruise control
Audi parking system plus
Hill hold assist

1. Ordered via Southampton Audi, anyone hold any good or bad experiences with them, things to avoid etc?
2. Paid deposit and doing the rest on PCP, but haven't signed anything yet, finance etc, do you know when in the process this is done? Just before you pick the car up or in advance of them placing the order with Audi?
3. Managed to get them to do GAP insurance for £300, but wondered what service plans you guys are on and how much they cost (haven't asked the dealer yet about this).

Thanks - Mark

Welcome and congrats on your order, that's a cracking spec.

Reactions: Mark_86 and Gordo77
Hi all,

5-dr Sportback
Daytona Grey
19" V-Spoke alloy wheels
Magnetic ride
Split folding rear seats
Advanced key
Adaptive cruise control
Audi parking system plus
Hill hold assist

Thanks - Mark

Welcome to the 'waiting' group. Great spec, seems you got a cracking deal.

I've been given build week 2 (yet to receive confirmation via email so I can track on yourAudi). Dealer is confident I'll get a late Jan delivery date, but they mentioned it may be March.

Reactions: TDI-line and Mark_86
Welcome to the 'waiting' group. Great spec, seems you got a cracking deal.

I've been given build week 2 (yet to receive confirmation via email so I can track on yourAudi). Dealer is confident I'll get a late Jan delivery date, but they mentioned it may be March.

Nice! Can't wait... what spec did you go for?

Nice! Can't wait... what spec did you go for?

My order is in my signature - excited is an understatement!

Little update: Popped in to the dealer yesterday to have another look at the colours. Stuck with Daytona grey in the end... but, so excellent news - car is now booked in for BW04, which means I should get it for last week in February ready for the 17 plate change and well before the new car tax system comes into force!

Reactions: TDI-line