Samuel c5 Q

VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Hi folks my name is Samuel from Belfast, Northern Ireland and I've just joined this fabulous website/forum.

I own a c5 a6 1.8t Quattro se saloon in metallic silver and have a host of donor parts to help get her on the road and keep her going including a donor engine for 2 litre stroker. Have to get the PD engine build out of the way first though.

Initial plan is rebuild a K04-023 turbo that I have and remap to 240-265bhp and then start adding the goodies, FMIC, exhaust etc. She presently has 312 mm discs and a 180bhp remap and a set of s4 calipers waiting but need the bearing carriers/uprights for that to happen, 312 mm discs and pads are band new so will use them first. I know people say the s4 calipers are a bit weak,but they fit nicely under the 17" 5spoke s line alloys that are on her so with good pads and hoses they will have to do because I like the wheels and won't be changing them.

Plan is to tune for 300 BHP with the k04 in place then do a 2litre stroker build with a good spread of torque. Something similar to the latest golf R would be nice and at least 450bhp. I really good suspension setup is on the cards too.

Looking forward to chatting to some nice people, getting a lot of good info and also hopefully bring something to the site as well.

Samuel.

Hello and Welcome to ASN Samuel
300 is a good number to head for without having too many headaches

Hello and Welcome to ASN Samuel
300 is a good number to head for without having too many headaches
Thanks. Also forgot to mention that I love the shape of the c5 saloons ever since they came out and prefer the older Quattro over the haldex so finally got round to getting one this summer. I love the bi turbo v6 manual ones but the 1.8t is 100 kg lighter in the nose and I do love my handling. Also 30 mpg is more attractive than 20 mpg.

Ps how do I sign out? Or does the site sign you out when you leave? Thanks.

Reactions: voorhees
Yes indeed 30 does sound a lot better than 20
I think you have to tick the remember me box to log in instantly when coming back here.

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q