Light reflections from dash

I doubt if they will it's a none priority, all cars suffer from reflections, unfortunately car manufacturers decided to make glass reflective ;-)
My A3 had similar and I remember mk4 mondeo owners going on about reflections in the drivers door glass caused by the the chrome air vent.

Last edited:
It's the sort of attention to detail you'd expect from a £40K car though, really.

My post included a smiley face with a wink, but it didn't come out in the actual post. Mine was not a wholly serious suggestion!

Reactions: cuke2u
The refection is really annoying but it is only visible because I have read this damn thread. It is one of those things, a bit like a dirt mark on the windscreen, once you notice it, it bugs the crap out of you but in reality you aren't looking at it, you are looking past it and it only annoys you when you remember it is there or catch a glimpse of it. Even then it isn't always there when you look for it - not quite sure why, it doesn't appear to correlate with street lighting.

Im trying to forget about it and hoping it will be BAU before too long.

Reactions: A4B9
yep, business as usual, ie I will have forgotten about it and thus for the most part wont be seeing it.

Reactions: Jcbmally
The air vent reflection in the side window used to annoy me greatly on my old A3, not noticed any reflection in the A4 however.

I have the reflection too but it does not bother me in the slightest. Each to their own though.

This has to be the most trivial minor issue ever to have been raised on the forum.It seems to me some will find anything to complain about,such is the human beast............
I doubt much owners will loose sleep (nor will Audi) on this "issue".:scared2:

Reactions: cuke2u and Jcbmally
For what it's worth I had a Peugeot 206 where I could see the dashboard reflected in the windscreen. Few other people had this issue but it annoyed me the whole time I had the car. Sometimes you just don't fit the 99% the car is for.

As a more relevant aside on my B8.5 at 5' 9" I can't rest my foot on the left hand side dead pedal. I've not had this issue before on any car. My conclusion is most buyers of an A4 are taller than me and I am just the wrong demographic.

@basegreen I totally sympathise but I don't see an obvious fix for you. Sorry. :)

Strange, I am 5'8" and my left foot rests fine on the foot rest with the current A4...

Mine too.

Anyway I applied some low tack black tape to my light indicators. Problem solved.

Reactions: PhxViper and scotty76