RNS-E issues

robapp1985

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I finally bought myself an all singing and all dancing 2010 Audi S3, it went back to the dealer to rectify a few minor issues and while it was there it was broken into and the RNS-E was stollen! It has since been replaced but I aren't convinced that it is the correct unit for the S3. The previous unit had the S3 logo appear on the display when turned on, this one comes up with the standard Audi MMI logo, it also had parking system display, this one doesn't, and it had voice recognition, when I ask it to dial whoever it replies with 'function not possible'. The model of the unit is 8P0 035 193 G RNSE-PU.
Please excuse me if I sound a little thick but can this be sorted via VCDS or is it a case of it's the wrong unit for my S3?

Thank you in advance folks!!

Sounds like it needs the correct coding with vcds

Having browsed a few threads it looks like the G version doesn't support voice commands??

The logo can be changed with vcds for deffo.

The unit will need coding to your car regardless.

Logo is an adaption change, ops is coding & voice has 2 flavours, 1 is phone only, other expands to nav, radio, phone & directory, coding required for this to an extent.

If you had the full voice system, then RNS version G won't do this unless its had a software upgrade.

Depending on location, we can resolve this.

I'm located in the Skipton area, however I do have access to VCDS, if it's a case of recoding I could to an extent do it myself (with a little guidance if possible....) Not sure if my RNS G has had software upgrade though. Could I find this out via VCDS?