Blown hoses

Johnydundee

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem,i burst a hose coming off the top of the turbo onto the intercooler,replaced it and three weeks later it has burst again exactly the same place.

I am using hoses from auto silicone hoses.
Anyone have any ideas thanks

are you talking about the red hose, from the turbo to the charge pipe? that needs to be a special hose, else it will melt?

car? model? spec?

Burst hoses like this are common on K04 setups using relentless type manifolds without proper heat shielding

<tuffty/>

I have an s3 .it has a forge dump valve , intercooler and a badger five 80 mm induction kit.
The hose that has blown is a short elbow from the top of the turbo on to a stainless pipe of the intercooler.It has fire blanket between hose and the engine block. Is thre a heavier duty hose out there or should I try insulate the next one I get a bit better?

That URL does not work? in actual fact the whole forge site seems dead for me?

Also Forge have a black Friday Sale on the 25th November - 20% discount apparently.

--------

View this email in your browser
0e5d9d21-fa42-41da-8674-595fd32c1b92.png
17c64bfb-03a0-4187-94e8-12cc283a9006.jpg

UP TO 20% OFF

Take advantage of some great discounts this Black Friday.

On Friday 25th November we will be discounting selected products, so make the most of this limited time offer!

Please see our website for further information
www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

These offers are also available through Forge Motorsport participating Distributors.

--------------

Update: must be laptop as forge site is fine on phone.