tyres???

24styles

#teamsolar
Reaction score
got some 19" wheels on the way so im going to need some new rubber, wot do you lot reccomend?

Reactions: pburv and RyanCudlip
Pirelli P Zero have epic rim protection and seem good all round prob only get 15k out of the fronts though.

What wheels are you putting on ?

Reactions: pburv, Psyman79 and Audi Bairn
I prefer Michelin PS or SS as all round very good performers and have done for years.
My S5 came with Dunlop Sport Maxx and when I saw them I was disappointed but to be fair they performed well for the 20-odd thousand miles before I changed them all to Michelin.
The S3 has arrived with Pirelli P Zero so I'll see how they go.
As @Rob2k68 says the rim protection is significant which is a good thing.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
the p zero having rim protection could be the ones for me then, gone for @RyanCudlip 's rotiform spf in satin black

I just recently put a full set of P Zeros on my saloon, seem to be doing okay so far although i have had a couple of TC flashes with the current frosty weather. Much quieter than the standard Contis. As mentioned, rim protection is pretty epic on them but kinda triangular so not pound coin pics :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I've got Continental ContiSportContact 6 on my 19s. Frankly unbelievable performance but I should imagine the wear won't be great. Not a huge issue for me as they are summer wheels only and we don't do much mileage. Really stonking rubber.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and 24styles
Definitely get something with some rim protection if you can, I didn't and that's why they're being refurbed before I send them to you

I had Hankook S1 Evo2 on them which now come as standard on a lot of Audis, great performance both in the wet and dry. I had 225/35 which had a subtle stretch, but with something a little wider you should get some protection.

Another tyre I'd recommend is Michelin Pilot Sport 3, great all round performance even in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, batch, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Pirelli P Zero have epic rim protection and seem good all round prob only get 15k out of the fronts though.

What wheels are you putting on ?

I noticed the rim protection when i was filling up the other way and my wheels were turned out slightly. Had to do a double take as i thought I had something wrong with the tyres bulging before i realised it was rim protection :D Will probably replace them for more of the same when it comes to it tbh.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
If you can wait until early next year the Michelin Pilot Super Sport replacement will be out ,
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S .

Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-press-release.jpg

Reactions: pburv, 24styles, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Definitely get something with some rim protection if you can, I didn't and that's why they're being refurbed before I send them to you

I had Hankook S1 Evo2 on them which now come as standard on a lot of Audis, great performance both in the wet and dry. I had 225/35 which had a subtle stretch, but with something a little wider you should get some protection.

Another tyre I'd recommend is Michelin Pilot Sport 3, great all round performance even in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what rims are you lining up Ryan?

Reactions: RyanCudlip, Rob2k68 and pburv
With the Handcocks ( probably made in China ) you get a pointless rim protector like it's Korean cousin Kum&go .

This is Audi out on the cheap again , a so called Premium brand with mid-range tyres and a mid range 3 year warranty to boot .

Get some Premium tyres on , some are made in Germany .

Goodyear
Michelin
Dunlop .

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and pburv
I prefer Michelin PS or SS as all round very good performers and have done for years.
My S5 came with Dunlop Sport Maxx and when I saw them I was disappointed but to be fair they performed well for the 20-odd thousand miles before I changed them all to Michelin.
The S3 has arrived with Pirelli P Zero so I'll see how they go.
As @Rob2k68 says the rim protection is significant which is a good thing.
Would be interested in a pic of how the rim protection looks on your wheels..:yes:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
IMG 2496
Would be interested in a pic of how the rim protection looks on your wheels..:yes:
No problem! :grinning: IMG 2495 Excuse the state of the car. A week old and its manky, salty, muddy...... :cry:

Cheers mate..Plenty of protection on them...:yes:
Gonna have to get use to giving it a wash....
Just don't copy @jassy
dsc_0596-jpg.110713

All I can say is I'm shocked.......:whistle2:
That's cleaner than mine, but I think he's washed his now to be fair to the lad :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
That's cleaner than mine, but I think he's washed his now to be fair to the lad :sweatsmile:
He is keen on the detailing ....Puts my efforts to shame...:hopelessness:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
He is keen on the detailing ....Puts my efforts to shame...:hopelessness:

I've no patience for detailing but admire people who do.
I draw the line at snow foam / washing / tyre dressing (which is what mine is getting tomorrow).

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Cheers mate..Plenty of protection on them...:yes:
Gonna have to get use to giving it a wash....
Just don't copy @jassy
dsc_0596-jpg.110713

All I can say is I'm shocked.......:whistle2:
@Jassy always wears protection :whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Audi Bairn