RS3 ... Yes or No...

Yep, it is maybe me. You see, I have just never experienced warping or indeed seen a disc that is truly warped. Actually that is a lie, someone showed me one off a F3000 car a long time back but it was allegedly bordering on red and white heat for a lot of the race.

My SLK55 does not have handed cooling vanes and with its diabolical suspension, I live on the wretched brakes and just cannot warp the discs, no matter how hard I try!

Yes, it is probably you :). If the brake measure clock say warped and you have vibrations when braking you can't deny it. Of course you are more then welcome to buy these warped discs. The feeling can come from various things like filling the drillholes with dirt and just washing it dissappears but the construction is crap from the beginning and doesn't really help you denying it.

You are maybe working for Audi? I have from my experience had a lot of cars and bikes and have never ever had a warped disc before and have been driven them approx 37 years and you are how old? You can't compare to other brand at all because this is an exlusive Audi blunder from the beginning with two left side discs, drillholes which fills with dirt and can/will get a lot of cracks around them, poor/none cooling overall to the discs, waves with less cooling surface, dusty pads which meens usually lower quality in material and so on.

Problem should have been solved if there wasn't any curved cooling vanes and they were straight instead, read about it and you learn and understand it also. There are tons of good reading out there on the net about it so it is of course a big issue to stop cars properly and keep it safe for everyone.

Aftermarket is blooming at the moment with a lot of various solutions of discs and if it should work from the beginning there wouldn't be so many.

Warping isn't a big issue, other than a couple on here I've never heard of it. Brake squeal more so however easy to sort when you change pads.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

It's also very different depending on who you are asking? I haven't have squeeling brakes at all but I can't deny the fact that a lot of us have it. How can it be so different when every car has the same hardware, I think its very strange and I do feel about those who has a squeeling car and goes nuts on it, I know I would ):. Audi isn't the best handling it and I know a guy who has been several times in for squeeling brakes but they can't solve it even if many here says its an easy fix?

There are tons of good reading out there on the net about it so it is of course a big issue to stop cars properly and keep it safe for everyone.

In actual fact, in the tons of good reading on the net most of it refers to the myth of brake disc 'warp'.
Try googling 'warped brake disc'....

In actual fact, in the tons of good reading on the net most of it refers to the myth of brake disc 'warp'.
Try googling 'warped brake disc'....

I don't know what you are reading but there are clear instructions also what to do and not to do when you are buying for instance aftermarkets discs and of course you can warp any disc even Porsches discs warps. Why should there be any instructions if problem not exist or would be even possible? Heard from a mechanic who worked with Porsche cars that they also have warped brake problems from for example trackdays so I believe him. This "problem" is totally a different case from just using the car as a daily driver which puts them in the box of crappy brakes and is not the same as using the car on a racetrack with constant heavy braking.

Yep, it is maybe me. You see, I have just never experienced warping or indeed seen a disc that is truly warped. Actually that is a lie, someone showed me one off a F3000 car a long time back but it was allegedly bordering on red and white heat for a lot of the race.

My SLK55 does not have handed cooling vanes and with its diabolical suspension, I live on the wretched brakes and just cannot warp the discs, no matter how hard I try!

haha, yeah I know a old lady with a SLK, she can't warp her discs on that either.
I could show you all sorts of problems regarding discs if we are talking f3000 cars and stuff, ill get some pictures of the ones we use at work. problem with carbon is that they don't really warp... just explode on F1 cars. If only i worked in a industry where I understood any of this.... move on buddy.

And nice Luc s1, welcome to the world of RS3 and enjoy the car! awesome bit of kit. just hope you don't have any of the problems some of us on here make up........