Lost my job today.

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
Loyally worked for this company for the last eight years. I had a feeling over the last few months that they wanted to get rid of me as they have bought another company in the midlands. They blamed me for someone else's screw up and I got dismissed in a disciplinary this morning.

So, if anyone knows of any jobs going in Birmingham or close please let me know.
I worked as a project manager in construction and have worked for an auto door company for the last eight years.

Sad news sidibear but chin up, stay positive, and go find something better - easy to say, I know, but I've both been made redundant and had to make others redundant and neither leaves a good feeling. Good luck and fingers crossed for you and yours
5274.gif

Reactions: davc and Ghost
@sidibear - Sorry to hear the bad news mate

Here's hoping that a new job is on the horizon for you

Total bummer buddy. Hope better things are on the horizon. Hate stitch ups, no union you can call on for assistance?

That's rotten and I totally feel for you mate. I've been made redundant myself in the past so know exaclty how you must feel. You obviously have good experience in your line of work so that should help you with getting another job.

I'd be looking to take the scumbags to a tribunal if it was me.

Best of luck to you.

@sidibear, Paul, really sorry to hear that. As the others have said, let's all hope another, maybe wider, door opens for you.

Chin up, fella.

Reactions: Sandra
@sidibear Paul, I'm sad to read this. With your experience I'm sure you will find another Job soon. It's their loss, just remember that. It's a great opportunity for you to maybe try out something a little different. I have my fingers crossed that you will find something really soon. :) x

Reactions: Ghost
@sidibear Hey Paul, so sorry to hear your news, hopefully something will come up for you. I will pm you my email address, send me over your cv, may be able to chat to a few people for you.
Nilz

Reactions: 45bvtc
Sorry to hear the news, never good to lose your job, when it's underhand and not deserved just so they can avoid any redundancy payment it's especially bad. My advice would be to sign up at several recruitment agencies. I am sure you have many transferrable skills and experience that can be applied to many different fields. I know Jaguar Land Rover are always taking all kind of people on. They are still expanding at the engine plant I believe and there are many other vacancies.
http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Jaguar-...b7d766b1a4&attributionid=serp-linkcompanyname

Reactions: Jake 61, Sandra, Nilz and 1 other person
I started my new job on Monday, this is my third day and already have two projects on the go. I have hit the ground running, they are very pleased and I am the most experienced in the office. I am working for a shopfront and aluminium systems manufacturer and installer. Pretty much what I did before but without the auto doors, "another" company does those.

So yes, everything is looking up, except they have given me a pool car while mine is being ordered, I have a Prius.
But I am getting a Seat Leon Sports Tourer SE Dynamic, I have picked Mystery blue.

Reactions: jojo, rasA4, azibux1 and 15 others
Glad to hear you're back on the payroll, Paul. Onwards and upwards. How's the leaf blower doing on your daily commute??

@sidibear, great news, Paul. Not sure about the Pious, but check the options list for the Leon to see if it can be ordered with gun racks. :)

@sidibear Paul that's great news, congratulations on your new job, hope it all goes well for you.

Glad to hear it all ended well.
Same for my company, we have gone from 700 down to about 200 in the last six months and there will be more redundancies over the coming weeks.
Hey ho, it's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I started my new job on Monday, this is my third day and already have two projects on the go. I have hit the ground running, they are very pleased and I am the most experienced in the office. I am working for a shopfront and aluminium systems manufacturer and installer. Pretty much what I did before but without the auto doors, "another" company does those.

So yes, everything is looking up, except they have given me a pool car while mine is being ordered, I have a Prius.
But I am getting a Seat Leon Sports Tourer SE Dynamic, I have picked Mystery blue.

Hi Paul, I've been so busy with work of late, I didn't even catch the start of the thread!

But good news was further down thankfully! Glad it's all working out mate, will have to catch up soon at some local car dealerships sometime. ;)

Reactions: QuattroCalum