Calling all b8 avant owners help with vcds please urgent??

robsey29

Reaction score
Looking for some desperate help if anyone is willing to help I am prepared to pay for someone to do this as the car is not useable now and I do need it back on the road.

If anyone that has vcds and owns a pre-facelift b8 avant with led tail lights I am after the coding in the central convience model you will need to go to security code and enter 16017 then to adaptions and read and write down what stored values you have in channel 181 to 210.

I would really appreciate anyone that can help as said I can't use the car as the rear lights are not doing what they should be doing as I have messed up the coding.

Matt

Any good on a 63 RS4? These lights?

155f375eae6706b7aadd861ed9ed130e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: robsey29
That's the lights I am retrofitting I do also need the coding from your model also if you could do it drop me a pm and we can talk.

Yea sure will do when i get home

Is this what you need?

018a601250f1137f31bd89f19c75d41e.jpg

No that's the coding you need to go to adaptions and go to channel 181 to 210 and each channel will have a stored number if you could get each number stored in each channel.

I have checked that and for some reason it has not recorded it, saying that last time I did some coding it did so very confused, hence why I am needing the coding from another vehicle.

I have spent today trying to code the car back up and managed to get most of the coding sorted, apart from channel 191, 199, 200, 201, 202 is there no one willing to help on here it's driving me mad now and I am nearly to the point I am going to throw the towel in.

If any owners are around Derby but dont have access to VCDS then I can help,
I dont have the correct vehicle to help but I do have VCDS.

Are you still trying to code the LED rears or have you refitted the originals to get the car on the road again.
Don't know if this helps. This is for my Halogen B8
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread
Did some googling is this any use?

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?8146-A4-B8-LED-Rear-Lights-Coding

I have refitted the original lights to get the car back on the road so they are pre f/l led's i did come across that thread but that is for a saloon not avant i did try that coding for 201 and 202 but its not correct it brings on the indicator and fog light with them switched on.

Thanks for your input and taking the time to try and help, currently i have no indicators which i think is where channel 201 & 202 come into it these were the two i forgot to write the original coding down for.

If any owners are around Derby but dont have access to VCDS then I can help,
I dont have the correct vehicle to help but I do have VCDS.
Thanks i already i have vcds but need the coding from another a4 avant with led rear lights.

yes I understand that , I'm offering to get those codes from any owners who do have the correct vehicle but not vcds to gain access to the information you require.

There is an 08 B8 S-line at work with LED rear lights. Is that the correct spec? Would you like me to get the coding tomorrow?

There is an 08 B8 S-line at work with LED rear lights. Is that the correct spec? Would you like me to get the coding tomorrow?
yeah as long as it is a b8 avant all should be good, if you could you would be a life saver do you want my number so you can call me when your with the car etc??

The only problem with that it's not coding for the uk models so is different or so I believe, but if the member above can not help I will give it ago.

Yeah, It's an Avant.

I'll try persuade him to let me plug in and read the coding. Keep an eye on here tomorrow.

any garages close near with the correct vehicle in ?
a quick test drive, pop home(meet mate) hook up laptop, blah blah?

any garages close near with the correct vehicle in ?
a quick test drive, pop home(meet mate) hook up laptop, blah blah?
Sounds like a good idea but I think the car salesman may get a bit funny with that unless he is very trustworthy and let's me take the car on my own for a hour or so if that's the case I best find a s4 to have a bit of fun in!!

If I have gone to view a car with a female I have never had a salesman come along, family car etc,
Now, 2 males come in, and it looks like a joy ride, it`s what we used to do lol

Yeah, It's an Avant.

I'll try persuade him to let me plug in and read the coding. Keep an eye on here tomorrow.
Really do appreciate your help today, unfortunately the coding is not correct I have channels 195 to 210 written down before I changed anything and these do not match the coding that came off that car today. I am pretty sure that coding is for halogen but could be wrong, so still no car to drive but as said I really do appreciate all your effort.

If anyone else can help with this you would be doing me a massive favour, the search continues!

What exactly is the problem you have now?. What isn't working? . That link I posted before had coding for ROW B8 AVANT and a table describing how to decipher the coding. With that information I would have thought that you should be able to work out what to code dependent on what your car is doing now.
You probably need the assistance of somebody like @NHN

Reactions: Bugeye_bob
I am very close to having it sorted and i have tried to decipher the coding from that table, the coding from that table is not the same as my original values that i purposely wrote down bar a few that i did not write down which is why i am stuck, so that table is no good to work from. All i need is a pre f/l led avant which will reveal all other then that get my pants pulled down by audi to recode it.

Glad you got it sorted. For future reference if you could post the adaption values you used for your car that might help somebody in the future when they have a similar issue.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
Sure i will put them in the other thread as the coding is more relevant there.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro