Cruise Control Stalk type.

Not_Sean

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Don't worry I have done some reading up before posting, I've already checked my Steering ECU and it does support Cruise control system just not MFSW so will change that out at a later date to get MFSW, for now wanna buy the stalks+looms and Code and go.

(If you reading this thread for info here we go: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Steering_Wheel_Control_Module_Versions )

So read a few topics where guys were saying that they fitted it and it worked up it didn't do what it said on the stalk, and can't really track anything down to help out.

So my question is Which of these stalks is for which car ? I've got a 8P1 (2003) which has the older A3 steering as its a early 8P, So are these the only two or is there a different Dual Stalk with different markings ?

Single Stalk:
S l1600

Double Stalk:
S l1601

I'm pretty sure the single is for the 8L and the duel is for the 8p, mines the 2006 and I fitted the duel stalk and it works as it says, I thinking yours will be the duel stalk but may not work the same?

Thanks @Cambaines I just grabbed some parts so this will wait a bit, also need the interior lights before this.

I'll try track down both the dual stalk styles or least find pics of both. yours the same as the pic above ? Will just find the other layout.

Yes mate mine is exactly the same as above, nice little mod to do, especially on a long drive!

You need the dual one for 8p, single is for 8L. There are two types of dual stalks though one for something like 2010 onwards and one before that so make sure you get the older one.
Something to bear in mind though your steering wheel has to come off etc to fit cruise so when I did mine I upgraded to cruise and a mfsw at the same time

You need the dual one for 8p, single is for 8L. There are two types of dual stalks though one for something like 2010 onwards and one before that so make sure you get the older one.
Something to bear in mind though your steering wheel has to come off etc to fit cruise so when I did mine I upgraded to cruise and a mfsw at the same time

Thats the Plan just first trying to get the right parts/Part numbers, does look like I have to change the ECU&Slip ring, than its tracking down the right single stage airbag and than putting it all in together, Will prob do the CC first as thats a bit simpler in parts and what not. than begin collecting the rest of the parts.

Also doing the double din interior conversion so missions all over :p :p least not doing anything to engine or exterior (Well once the parts I've ordered arrive :p )

Thats the Plan just first trying to get the right parts/Part numbers, does look like I have to change the ECU&Slip ring, than its tracking down the right single stage airbag and than putting it all in together, Will prob do the CC first as thats a bit simpler in parts and what not. than begin collecting the rest of the parts.

Also doing the double din interior conversion so missions all over :p :p least not doing anything to engine or exterior (Well once the parts I've ordered arrive :p )

The part number(s) you need for cruise are 8p0054690 B or the slightly newer one that ends with 'D' but don't get the stalk part number ending in 'F' as that is the one for the facelift model.

For your mfsw you'll need a highline ecu which is part number 8p0953549f, an airbag cable with a mfsw connector on it which the old part number is 8p0971589Q ( I think it's been superseded by one that ends in 'ap' or something like that.) and possibly the slip ring, not sure on that one though as I didn't need a new slip ring when I upgraded mine.

Steering wheel wise you'd want to get an 8k steering wheel which comes off the new a4 and a5's and an Audi A3 8v airbag which will fit on that wheel and is a single stage airbag which it sounds like you need.

Reactions: Not_Sean
@ab1702 Thanks man, Thats a champion post, Huge thanks for the Part Numbers.

One change, chatted to a few people and also looks like the A1 is a solid option and just swap the buttons to the old style ones. Saves me a bit of Mixing and matching and trying to get it right,

Guess it'll all come down to price/ What the breakers got. If i can grab a Steering+Slip ring one go at the breakers than its just tracking down Airbag and ECU. I dunno eh, Its a upgrade I really really want to do.

Thanks everyone for the help,

Just buying the whole kit from @Ash187 the price is good and I know everything will work together. Doing MFSW+CC all in one go.

He's been a massive help Massive props to him ! !